-   -   Xubuntu QA meeting on Sunday, 17th of June 2012 (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/686104-xubuntu-qa-meeting-sunday-17th-june-2012-a.html)

07-22-2012 07:06 AM

Xubuntu QA meeting on Sunday, 17th of June 2012

PLEASE REMOVE FROM THIS EMAIL LIST AND PLEASE TELL THE OTHERS THANK YOU THEY ARE GOING TO LOCK UP MY EMAIL COMPLETELY I WANT OUT OF THIS PROJECT THANK YOU

-----Original Message-----

From: Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org>

To: Xubuntu Development Discussion <xubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com>

Cc: xubuntu-users <xubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

Sent: Thu, Jun 14, 2012 4:17 am

Subject: Re: Xubuntu QA meeting on Sunday, 17th of June 2012

On 06/14/2012 10:23 AM, Janne Jokitalo wrote:

Hi gang,

this upcoming Sunday (17th of June) we're having the first QA process
development meeting for Xubuntu flavor. As a new QA lead, I'm interested in
enhancing the way we're assuring that the product we're building during the
development cycle performs at its best, preferably even during the development.
For this, I'm looking to see assistance from all interested parties. That means
YOU, too. :)

For starters, we have already begun the refining of testcases [0] for ISO
images. There are other work items currently on-going as well, and you can
follow the progress of them at [1]. If there's anything you'd like to discuss
about, the upcoming meeting is a perfect, but not the only, occasion to do that.
At any time, you can address me or anyone from the Xubuntu Team about anything
you have on your mind by chatting on our development IRC channel [2] or by
writing to our development mailing list [3]

Other things relating to the quality that I'd like to see getting improvements
over this cycle are:

* Boot-time speed-up
* Compositor usage

Currently these don't have specific blueprints,

There is a blueprint for analyzing and optimizing the boot at [5].

but we can either do something
about that, or keep working on the issues despite the lack of such. We can also
talk about this in the meeting, provided enough knowledgeable people are
present. If not, I'll raise the issue with other leads with the outcome of the
meeting.

The list above does not by any means limit the topics of the conversation, but I
do like to stress that this meeting isn't about adding new features or functions
to the product that we're building. Its aim is to find issues, viewpoints and
details that can be improved in the already existing components, or the
integration of them. The development team, however, is always willing to discuss
topics outside the scope of this meeting in our already mentioned forums, so
feel free to raise any issues, throw in wishes and hopes that you may have, but
please do it on any other time than during this meeting. :)

But without further ado, I hope to see enthusiastic people willing to contribute
to the quality of our fine flavor on Sunday. The meeting takes place on our
development IRC channel [2], and you can check the exact time at [4]. Welcome!

[0]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/Short
[1]: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-q-xubuntu-qa-procedures
[2]: #xubuntu-devel @ irc.freenode.net
[4]:
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Xubuntu+QA+meeting&iso=20120617 T16&ah=1&am=30

[5]:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-q-xubuntu-optimize-boot

Best regards,

Leader of Shimmer Project and Xubuntu *http://shimmerproject.org/

Elfy 07-22-2012 07:18 AM

Xubuntu QA meeting on Sunday, 17th of June 2012

On 22/07/12 08:06, nukiks@aol.com
PLEASE REMOVE FROM THIS EMAIL LIST AND PLEASE TELL THE OTHERS
THANK YOU THEY ARE GOING TO LOCK UP MY EMAIL COMPLETELY I WANT OUT
OF THIS PROJECT THANK YOU

You can unsubscribe from the list here

regards

Kev