-   -   Change idle screen of Parole (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/682635-change-idle-screen-parole.html)

Benedek Imre 07-11-2012 08:35 PM

Change idle screen of Parole

Hi Guys,

- I don't know will be there any progress in Parole in 12.10, but I think we should redesing its ide screen, because - I'm sorry, but I have to tell - it's very ugly. What do You think?

- It would be better if the graphic could not be stretched, but it would be simply aligned to the center of the window.

- Do You know is it a vector or pixel graphic file? If it's a vector type, should we stick to it? Pixel graphics give possibilities what vectors do not.

Imre

Simon Steinbeiß 07-12-2012 08:54 AM

Change idle screen of Parole

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:35:19 +0200
Benedek Imre <nucleo@indamail.hu> wrote:

> - I don't know will be there any progress in Parole in 12.10, but I think we should redesing its ide screen, because - I'm sorry, but I have to tell - it's very ugly. What do You think?

I agree and we're way ahead of you. A reworked version of Parole will hopefully be included in 12.10, currently the code is here: https://github.com/ochosi/Parole

Feel free to test, but it's not really bug-free yet (shouldn't be worse than the version that is currently shipped though).

- Simon

Benedek Imre 07-13-2012 07:47 PM

Change idle screen of Parole

Sorry, I did not understand exactly - does it mean the idle screen (and the icon) has changed yet in the newer version? I haven't download it yet...

Imre