Old 07-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Simon Steinbeiß

Default IDEA: Integrate C*atfish into Thunar

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 03:27:54 +0200
Benedek Imre <nucleo@indamail.hu> wrote:

> Just a short reply to Simon:
> "the new menuitem will probably be Catfish File Search" - I think it's a quite good compromise, it's better than the simple 'Catfish' (even if not as good as 'File Finder' :-D

Good to hear.

> What do You think about if we place it next to Application Finder with a separator below them (in Main menu&gt;Accessories) ? It's a little highlight from the crowd and helps to find it a bit more easily. If there will be some improvements on Catfish in 12.10, this would be a good reason to do this, and both of them perform some kind of search, so they are a bit similar in some ways.

Yeah, I think we can do that.

> One remark:
> It's quite disturbing the small magnifier icon of Catfish (and of Application Finder also) is dark and it appears on a dark menu by default. I know there are different themes, but if the default theme is dark, maybe this should be considered. Could its icon be light or contoured with light at least?

I agree. I don't have a totally great idea as to how to fix this (yet), but I'll try to keep it in mind.

> We've talked about the accessibility already. If Thunar could not contains a launcher, could we place Catfish File Search on the bottom shortcut pane by default? Next to Application Finder (as in Accessories)? I really think it's a bit hard to find for a beginner...

Yes, I think we can do that.

All the best,
Simon

Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Benedek Imre

Thank You for the cooperation Simon and everybody, I'm looking forward I could see these improvements - I hope in 12.10! :-)

Imre

> "the new menuitem will probably be Catfish File Search" - I think it's a quite good compromise, it's better than the simple 'Catfish' (even if not as good as 'File Finder' :-D

Good to hear.

> What do You think about if we place it next to Application Finder with a separator below them (in Main menu>Accessories) ? It's a little highlight from the crowd and helps to find it a bit more easily. If there will be some improvements on Catfish in 12.10, this would be a good reason to do this, and both of them perform some kind of search, so they are a bit similar in some ways.

Yeah, I think we can do that.