Old 09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Tony van der Hoff

Default unsuscribe

On 01/09/11 13:30, Brad Rogers wrote:

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:53:17 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón<noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

Okay, but not all of the messages I receive from this list append the
footer... or maybe is just me? :-?

Not just you. However, the vast majority of messages *do* contain the
footer.

This one didn't (here).

Is there any concensus on what/how/when these footers are added? It
seems quite random to me.

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |

Archive: 4E5FC273.1050900@vanderhoff.org">http://lists.debian.org/4E5FC273.1050900@vanderhoff.org

Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Lisi

On Thursday 01 September 2011 18:08:06 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> it would be great if Debian users list
> would switch to mailman.

Why? What's wrong with it as it is? I like it.

Lisi

Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Walter Hurry

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:21:10 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:51:07 +0100, Lisi wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 01 September 2011 15:25:56 Camaleón wrote:
>>> My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
>>> appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is
>>> not a scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by
>>> observing the messages that reach the list.
>>
>> Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I
>> usually (I would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers.
>> :-)
>
> Then it has to be Gmane making some magic here because I don't see any
> footers in your e-mails, look:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354
>
> While my messages are always "fooooted" :-)
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354

FWIW, I don't receive list emails (since I opted out), and neither do I
post directly. I both read and post via gmane; I find that far more
convenient.

Old 09-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Eduardo M KALINOWSKI