Old 09-01-2011, 12:30 PM
Brad Rogers

Default unsuscribe

On Thu, 1 Sep 2011 11:53:17 +0000 (UTC)
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Camaleón,

> Okay, but not all of the messages I receive from this list append the
> footer... or maybe is just me? :-?

Not just you. However, the vast majority of messages *do* contain the
footer.

--
Regards _
/ ) "The blindingly obvious is

Old 09-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 13:10:10 +0100, Tony van der Hoff wrote:

> On 01/09/11 12:53, Camaleón wrote:

>>> If the OP is incapable of reading the footer on every post to the
>>> list, what makes you think (s)he is able to read your instructions?
>>> ;-)
>>
>> I'd say he is "he" ("Esteban" looks like a typical male name) but in
>> the end, who knows... as one my favorites sayings/illustrations goes
>> "On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog" :-P
>>
> ... or a gecko; but maybe it's a dog's name :_)

Woof, woof! Err, I mean, yes O:-)

>> Okay, but not all of the messages I receive from this list append the
>> footer... or maybe is just me? :-?
>>
> Hmm, you're right... I thought the list server added them, but it
> doesn't appear universal. Strange.

My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not a
scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
messages that reach the list.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Lisi

On Thursday 01 September 2011 15:25:56 Camaleón wrote:
> My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
> appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not a
> scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
> messages that reach the list.

Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually (I
would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)

Lisi

Old 09-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Chris Brennan

On 9/1/2011 10:51 AM, Lisi wrote:
> On Thursday 01 September 2011 15:25:56 Camaleón wrote:
>> My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
>> appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not a
>> scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
>> messages that reach the list.
>
> Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually (I
> would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)
>
> Lisi

Every e-mail I've gotten so far, has had the foot on it... So I think
it's safe to say, always does apply in my case.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Tony van der Hoff

My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not a
scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
messages that reach the list.

Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually (I
would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)

Lisi

Every e-mail I've gotten so far, has had the foot on it... So I think
it's safe to say, always does apply in my case.

... but this one didn't here.

--
Tony van der Hoff | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |

Archive: 4E5F9E5F.1010308@vanderhoff.org">http://lists.debian.org/4E5F9E5F.1010308@vanderhoff.org

Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:51:07 +0100, Lisi wrote:

> On Thursday 01 September 2011 15:25:56 Camaleón wrote:
>> My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
>> appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not
>> a scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
>> messages that reach the list.
>
> Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually
> (I would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)

Then it has to be Gmane making some magic here because I don't see any
footers in your e-mails, look:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354

While my messages are always "fooooted" :-)

Old 09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Lisi

On Thursday 01 September 2011 16:01:51 Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> On 01/09/11 15:55, Chris Brennan wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually
> >> (I would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)
> >>
> >> Lisi
> >
> > Every e-mail I've gotten so far, has had the foot on it... So I think
> > it's safe to say, always does apply in my case.
>
> ... but this one didn't here.

Nor here. :-/

Lisi

Old 09-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Lisi

On Thursday 01 September 2011 16:21:10 Camaleón wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:51:07 +0100, Lisi wrote:
> > On Thursday 01 September 2011 15:25:56 Camaleón wrote:
> >> My guess is that non-subscribers users (like me) do receive the footer
> >> appended at their messages but subscribed users do not. But this is not
> >> a scientific statement, just a wild theory I concluded by observing the
> >> messages that reach the list.
> >
> > Sorry to kybosh your theory, Camaleón, but I am subscribed and I usually
> > (I would have said always, but I just checked) get the footers. :-)
>
> Then it has to be Gmane making some magic here because I don't see any
> footers in your e-mails, look:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354
>
> While my messages are always "fooooted" :-)
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354

And I see them both on my own posts and on yours. ??

Lisi

Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Camaleón

On Thu, 01 Sep 2011 15:21:10 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

> While my messages are always "fooooted" :-)
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416330/focus=416354

Ooops, this is the correct link:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/416352

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Old 09-01-2011, 05:08 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 16:30 +0000,
[snip]

Didn't read the whole thread, but it would be great if Debian users list
would switch to mailman.

0,02€

Ralf