Old 05-07-2012, 04:24 PM
Trevor Bramwell

Default Hosting an Xubuntu Mirror at the OSU Open Source Lab

The Oregon State University Open Source Lab is interested in hosting an
Xubuntu mirror. We currently already host a mirror for Ubuntu.

Could you please provide us with information on becoming an official
Xubuntu mirror? We would love to support the great work you all are
doing! Thank you!

-- Trevor Bramwell (bramwelt)
Student System Administrator - OSUOSL

Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Trevor Bramwell <bramwelt@osuosl.org> wrote:
> The Oregon State University Open Source Lab is interested in hosting an
> Xubuntu mirror. We currently already host a mirror for Ubuntu.
>
> Could you please provide us with information on becoming an official
> Xubuntu mirror? We would love to support the great work you all are
> doing! Thank you!

Thanks so much for this offer! Sorry it's taken a couple weeks to get
back to you, first people were busy with UDS, then it took me a few
days to track down the answer.

Do you have access to the current scripts doing the sync for the
Ubuntu mirrors? The script you'll want to use to sync Xubuntu will be
similar but instead of pulling from releases.ubuntu.com you'll want to
pull from the cdimages.ubuntu.com address (probably
http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/ to just mirror xubuntu
and not the other flavors).

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Trevor Bramwell <bramwelt@osuosl.org> wrote:
>> The Oregon State University Open Source Lab is interested in hosting an
>> Xubuntu mirror. We currently already host a mirror for Ubuntu.
>>
>> Could you please provide us with information on becoming an official
>> Xubuntu mirror? We would love to support the great work you all are
>> doing! Thank you!
>
> Thanks so much for this offer! Sorry it's taken a couple weeks to get
> back to you, first people were busy with UDS, then it took me a few
> days to track down the answer.
>
> Do you have access to the current scripts doing the sync for the
> Ubuntu mirrors?

And I just noticed that if you're using the ubumirror[0] scripts,
there is build in cdimage support.

https://code.launchpad.net/~ubumirror-devs/ubumirror/trunk