Old 04-15-2012, 03:16 AM
Michael Martins

Default Problem with accentuation

There is a bug that causes the Portuguese language in Brazil stay with
the wrong accent. To correct, I change the following file in
/etc/default/locale

LANG="pt_BR"
LANGUAGE="pt_BRt_en"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR.UTF-8"
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR.UTF-8"

LANG="pt_BR.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="pt_BRt:en"

I wonder if there is a possibility of this being fixed by the
developers. So no need to manually correct each time we have a new
installation.

PS: Sorry for my English. I'm using Google Translator.