Old 04-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Scott Moore

Default Hibernate not available as option for laptop close lid

12.04 Bug: In xfce power manager, when looking at the "On Battery Power"
settings, I can no longer set Hibernate as the action when I close the
lid on the laptop. All I can choose is Suspend, Nothing, or Lock Screen.
The Hibernate option IS available in the settings for "On AC Power".

Also, when running on battery power, if I go to the main main and click
"Log Out", I'm presented with choices Log Out, Restart, Shutdown, and
Suspend. Hibernate is not an available option. With the laptop, I always
prefer to hibernate it to save the most power when I want to restore my
previous session. I suppose as a workaround, I can tick "Save session
for future login" and then just click Shut Down.

And in case anyone asks, I did download and install all the updates this
morning (over 200 MB worth) along with the newest kernel. [uname -r
reports 3.2.0-23-generic, uname -v reports #36-Ubuntu SMP Tue Apr 10
20:41:14 UTC 2012].

-Scott Moore
Dallas, TX USA