-   -   Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2 (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/649681-testing-precise-pangolin-beta2.html)

Charlie Kravetz 03-28-2012 01:31 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

Bruno Benitez 03-28-2012 03:44 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

2012/3/27 Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com>

will do alternate i386 and desktop i386 as soon as i can
--
Bruno.-

Pasi Lallinaho 03-28-2012 11:05 AM

On 03/28/2012 04:31 AM, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> It is now 01:29 AM on March 28. We have exactly zero tests finished for
> Precise Beta 2. A new image was just released. That means every test on
> the QA ISO tracker must be re-done. Having a little more than 24 hours,
> I can not accomplish this alone. Please help test if you can. I do not
> know if another image will be built, but everytime a new image is
> built, we test all tests again.
>
> Please help with the testing if you can.
>
> Post your tests at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker .

All the tests with the desktop amd64 image are done.

Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) ╗ http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project ╗ http://shimmerproject.org/

Gustavo R Leal 03-29-2012 12:46 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

I've tested Xubuntu 12.04 i386 desktop with manual partitioning and found some bugs. I couldn't login to site to report them.
1. sometimes the notification ballons overlaps the panel:
http://i40.tinypic.com/2z9irnq.png

2. Clearlook theme is broken for Ubuntu Software Center (weird navigation buttons)
http://i43.tinypic.com/2qxyr2e.png

3. when you perform a search on Ubuntu Software Center some uninstalled items appears with "uninstall button" from installed items overlaped. Check screenshot: Chromium is not installed but Adobe Flash is.
http://i39.tinypic.com/vhw2e0.png

4. memory comsuption seems to be weird, but it is a bug I've found with some 12.04 variants. Kernel bug?
Thanks.

Gustavo R Leal 03-29-2012 01:03 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

I've tested Xubuntu 12.04 i386 desktop with manual partitioning and found some bugs. I couldn't login to Ubuntu site to report them.
(...)
5. xfce4-panel crashes a lot when changing preferences.
I've forgot to report that it installs correctly.
thanks.

Simon Steinbei▀ 03-29-2012 08:23 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:46:55 -0700 (PDT)
Gustavo R Leal <gustavo.leal@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> 2. Clearlook theme is broken for Ubuntu Software Center (weird navigation buttons)
>
> http://i43.tinypic.com/2qxyr2e.png

Clearlooks simply doesn't ship a gtk3-theme, therefore all gtk3-apps (incl. software-center) are visually broken.

> 3. when you perform a search on Ubuntu Software Center some uninstalled items appears with "uninstall button" from installed items overlaped. Check screenshot: Chromium is not installed but Adobe Flash is.
>
> http://i39.tinypic.com/vhw2e0.png

Haven't ever seen this specific issue, but the software center still has its oddities and I'm not sure we can do anything about that (at least on the gtk-theming side of it).

- Simon

PS: Sorry for sometimes posting with the wrong email-address (resulting in a double-post), have to change that setting in my client...

Chris 03-29-2012 09:02 AM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

I might just be me but that flash issue could be because of Mozilla's Firefox (I see the word Mozilla at least in the description) and otherwise it's a similar issue when you install a meta-package. When you install a meta-package it installs all it's dependencies, however removing the meta-package doesn't remove them. You'd have to manually remove all the associated packages.

With metta, Chris

On Mar 29, 2012 10:24 AM, "Simon Steinbei▀" <simon.steinbeiss@elfenbeinturm.at> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:46:55 -0700 (PDT)

Gustavo R Leal <gustavo.leal@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> 2. Clearlook theme is broken for Ubuntu Software Center (weird navigation buttons)

> http://i43.tinypic.com/2qxyr2e.png

Clearlooks simply doesn't ship a gtk3-theme, therefore all gtk3-apps (incl. software-center) are visually broken.

> 3. when you perform a search on Ubuntu Software Center some uninstalled items appears with "uninstall button" from installed items overlaped. Check screenshot: Chromium is not installed but Adobe Flash is.

> http://i39.tinypic.com/vhw2e0.png

Haven't ever seen this specific issue, but the software center still has its oddities and I'm not sure we can do anything about that (at least on the gtk-theming side of it).

*- Simon

PS: Sorry for sometimes posting with the wrong email-address (resulting in a double-post), have to change that setting in my client...

03-29-2012 03:11 PM

Testing Precise Pangolin Beta2

i've tested the xubuntu i386 live cd, (a few different daily builds most
recently the one built on the 28th) and found an issue i think with
nm-applet. with initial boot of the live cd in virtual-box VM, the
applet says connected, but i can not access the internet until resetting
(disconnect & reconnect through the applet). this prevents ubiquity
from running until you can connect to the internet. once installed
however this issue did not happen again.

no other major errors to report, at least for the most recent build.
looking forward to the new release.

--
thanks,
brian