Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Xubuntu 11.10 : Absolute Bare Minimum ISO with Xubuntu 11.10 Absolute Bare Minimum Graphical Installer

On 02/28/2012 08:29 PM, Bonnie* wrote:

To,

Pasi Lallinaho

(Xubuntu Project & Marketing Lead)

pasi@digitoucan.fi

I recently switched from Windows-XP to Xubuntu and liked
it very much. Xubuntu has offered me beyond my
expectation.

I am looking for Xubuntu 11.10 Absolute Bare Minimum
graphical installer ISO with IPTABLES, UFW, Synaptic and
Network Support (no dependencies on GNOME or KDE, and
no-extra packages.) the required application packages I
can install either by using Synaptic or Ubuntu Software
Center through internet.

I can appreciate if you and your team can make Xubuntu
11.10 Absolute Bare Minimum graphical installer ISO
available in near future. I do not like any of Ubuntu or
Xubuntu's derivatives like mint or any other.

Thanks for your development, efforts and time

Thanks to Ubuntu and Xubuntu.

regards,

Bonnie*

Hey Bonnie (CC: the Xubuntu developer mailing list for information),

for the most minimal installations (which you probably want), there
is the Ubuntu Minimal CD [1]. This will install only the core
system, after which you can install only those packages you want.

We are about to introduce an Xfce-only "application set" for either
Precise or P+1. This will include the core Ubuntu system and the
Xfce packages. It does not include the graphical improvements and
tweaks or other little things that the normal installation will,
though.

Cheers, and thanks for the compliments,

Pasi

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD