Old 01-17-2012, 01:07 AM
glennop

Default Call For Testing: Lucid and Maverick Firefox users (or willing to install Lucid or Maverick in a VM)

I was able to test firefox with the following results.

TestingTasksAndResults

1. install xubuntu i386 10.04 (lucid lynx) to spare pc
2. install java and updates for xubuntu
3. add Pre-released updated (lucid-proposed) to Software Sources
4. install updates (28 selected)
5. reboot
6. nvidia driver failed (run in low graphics mode)
7. running firefox 9.0.1
8. save image : dialog appeared, image saved OK
9. test bookmarks : able to drag/drop bookmarks in Library window.
10. test password manager : passwords were filled in
11. Java : ok
12. remove nvidia driver.
13. install flash from synaptic
14. test flash player : ok
15. test javascript : mail.yahoo.com OK ; gmail.com OK
16. https https://launchpad.net : OK
17. test certificate support : the following tests were OK
* https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1 displays "This Connection is
Untrusted";
* open http://www.cacert.org/certs/root.crt ... are you asked to
import? if so do import and select "Trust this CA to identify websites"
* after that visiting https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1 should
not give you a warning anymore

--glenn

Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Micah Gersten

On 01/16/2012 08:07 PM, glennop wrote:
> I was able to test firefox with the following results.
>
> TestingTasksAndResults
>
> 1. install xubuntu i386 10.04 (lucid lynx) to spare pc
> 2. install java and updates for xubuntu
> 3. add Pre-released updated (lucid-proposed) to Software Sources
> 4. install updates (28 selected)
> 5. reboot
> 6. nvidia driver failed (run in low graphics mode)
This sounds like an issue unrelated to Firefox.
> 7. running firefox 9.0.1
> 8. save image : dialog appeared, image saved OK
> 9. test bookmarks : able to drag/drop bookmarks in Library window.
> 10. test password manager : passwords were filled in
> 11. Java : ok
> 12. remove nvidia driver.
> 13. install flash from synaptic
> 14. test flash player : ok
> 15. test javascript : mail.yahoo.com OK ; gmail.com OK
> 16. https https://launchpad.net : OK
> 17. test certificate support : the following tests were OK
> * https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1 displays "This Connection is
> Untrusted";
> * open http://www.cacert.org/certs/root.crt ... are you asked to
> import? if so do import and select "Trust this CA to identify websites"
> * after that visiting https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=1 should
> not give you a warning anymore
>
> --glenn

Thanks for the confirmation that the update appears to be functioning
properly.

Micah