Old 07-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default Request

On Sat, 2011-07-02 at 17:21 +0530, piyush saini wrote:
> Request to post to list
> thanks

You just did.

poc

Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 PM
"Jeffrey S. Haemer"

I'm a Fedora apprentice, interested in Puppet.
I've been looking through the puppet repo on lockbox01 to try to learn what's there. *I've been looking through them on lockbox01 itself.

I think it would be useful to try running puppet-lint on a module or two. *It seems like it would be easiest to do this on my own machine, since that way I wouldn't have to persuade someone else to install puppet-lint and its transitive dependencies on an official, Fedora resource.

So, here are my questions:
(1) Would it be okay if I downloaded a single module from the repo?(2) Could someone suggest a particularly "typical" repo to play with?

Even better would be three -- one very simple, one typical, and one complex -- but I'd be perfectly content to start with one.
--
Jeffrey Haemer <jeffrey.haemer@gmail.com>

720-837-8908 [cell],*http://seejeffrun.blogspot.com [blog],http://www.youtube.com/user/goyishekop [vlog]

פרייהייט?*דאס איז יאַ*ג די*ען וואָרט.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM
dr johnson

This might be of interest:
http://example42.com/https://github.com/example42/puppet-modules#readme

Plus:
http://docs.puppetlabs.com/
Those are free/open to anyone for cloning and may help provide a general "HOWTO".

*-dj

Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:10:52 -0600
"Jeffrey S. Haemer" <jeffrey.haemer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a Fedora apprentice, interested in Puppet.
>
> I've been looking through the puppet repo on lockbox01 to try to learn
> what's there. I've been looking through them on lockbox01 itself.
>
> I think it would be useful to try running puppet-lint on a module or
> two. It seems like it would be easiest to do this on my own machine,
> since that way I wouldn't have to persuade someone else to install
> puppet-lint and its transitive dependencies on an official, Fedora
> resource.
>
> So, here are my questions:
>
> (1) Would it be okay if I downloaded a single module from the repo?

I suppose it would be, but you don't need the entire git history right?
Just the current files? I'm pretty sure our head revision is ok and
doesn't contain much sensitive.

> (2) Could someone suggest a particularly "typical" repo to play with?
>
> Even better would be three -- one very simple, one typical, and one
> complex -- but I'd be perfectly content to start with one.

Well, for complex our httpd module has often been messy seeming to me.
The glusterfs one I added recently might be middling complex. It
doesn't have much in it, but it uses templates and some other things.
Something like askbot would be a simple one I think.

I'm interested to hear what puppet lint says about our stuff.

kevin