Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Gauvain Pocentek

Default xfce4-panel lock screen button not working

/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinit doesn't want to start the screensavers and I don't
get why. The bug comes from this problem IMO.

** Changed in: xfce4-utils (Ubuntu)

--
xfce4-panel lock screen button not working
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/200665

Old 03-28-2008, 02:40 PM
Urbán Dániel

Yes, I agree, if I start a screensaver manually, everything works fine.
Unfortunately it doesn't start automatically...

Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Ivŕ Burgos

Same problem here on a clean xubuntu daily install (Xubuntu 8.04 and
xfce4-utils 4.4.2-4ubuntu1).

In my system, the screensaver doesn't start because startxfce4 are never
called by default gdm session so /etc/xdg/xfce/xinitrc are not processed
at all. You need to explicitly select Xfce Session in gdm login but on a
clean installation this session isn't the default.

Not sure how to proceed.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Teoh Han Hui

gnome-screensaver should be autostarted as it is used as the default
screensaver in Xubuntu 8.04. xflock4 fails as no screensaver is started
and xlock is not installed.

There is an entry in the/etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc for loading either
xscreensaver or gnome-screensaver. However, for some reason the file is
not processed?