Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Chris

Default Fwd: New Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter section

Hai Charlie (and the rest),
I think something went wrong with your reply so I forwarded to everyone again.@Scott K: I think it's a problem with using a lot of terms side-by-side and mixing things up even. As you can see, the page [1] Ubuntu uses is called Derivatives. However on that same page the officially recognized once are suddenly called "flavor". In my humble opinion it's a more friendly term to use, but we should get some (dare I say it?) "Unity" in our naming scheme. It might have been my mistake, because the information [2] given by Kate apparently also talked about Flavors. But it's important everyone knows what the "correct" term is/should be.

I hope this clears up some of the mess (originally created to ask for help on getting links to the meeting minutes).
With metta, Chris
[1]*http://www.ubuntu.com/project/about-ubuntu/derivatives

[2]*http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/12/05/%23ubuntu-news.html*starting from 18:15