Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

Default Xubuntu Website Sprint on Saturday December 3rd at 17:00 UTC

Hi everyone,
This weekend, on Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC[0] the Xubuntu
website team will be hosting our second Website Sprint in
#xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net
Last time we ended up focusing on theme and display issues so we'd
like move on to content review, see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website/Sprint for details.

If you participated in the sprint a week and a half ago, please review
the notes from that session to see if you have any tasks assigned to
you that you haven't yet completed:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-November/008056.html

Thanks everyone!

[0] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111203T17

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

This weekend, on Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC[0] the Xubuntu
website team will be hosting our second Website Sprint in
#xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net
Last time we ended up focusing on theme and display issues so we'd
like move on to content review, see
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website/Sprint for details.

If you participated in the sprint a week and a half ago, please review
the notes from that session to see if you have any tasks assigned to
you that you haven't yet completed:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-November/008056.html

Thanks everyone!

[0] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20111203T17

To everybody interested, I've created a draft for a few changes
regarding the frontpage [1].

This addresses many issues, including:
– Overall clarity and readability
– Logo is presented as it is designed (not white on dark)
– Front page is less cluttered
– Top and bottom part separated more clearly
– Space for one more column in the bottom part

Please send comments as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Pasi

[1] http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/web_sprint/website-changes-20111130.png

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome) » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project » http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 12-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Eero Tamminen

Hi,

On keskiviikko 30 marraskuu 2011, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Please send comments as soon as possible.
>
> [1] http://temp.knome.fi/xubuntu/web_sprint/website-changes-20111130.png

Looks good, but instead of "Xubuntu comes with Xfce, whis is a stable...",
I'd propose "Xubuntu uses Xfce, a stable...".

- Eero

Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This weekend, on Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC[0] the Xubuntu
> website team will be hosting our second Website Sprint in
> #xubuntu-devel on irc.freenode.net

Thanks to knome, madnick and GridCube for coming out to the sprint, we
identified the following work items:

* knome to replace "Xubuntu links" with "Useful Links" which will
include Support Mailing List, Developer Tools, FAQ, Site Map
* knome to adjust archives page to show stubs rather than full articles
* pleia2 to put download country and links in html table on /get page
* knome to implement design proposed here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-November/008065.html
* knome to review "Meta" in footer, remove or replace with other content
* pleia2 to update /press page with 11.10 reviews
* pleia2 to review contribute/ pages to reduce the amount of data
included on the website itself and instead link to respective team
wiki pages

We also need everyone to review the current http://xubuntu.org/about
page and ideas at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website/Drafts

And developers: knome created a new
http://wp.xubuntu.org/developertools/ - what else do you want to see
there? Keeping in mind that this should be a quick reference of tools
and development details should probably be on the wiki.