Old 11-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

Default Xubuntu Website Sprint on Saturday November 19th at 22:00 UTC

Hi everyone,

This weekend, on Saturday, November 19th, at 22:00 UTC the Xubuntu
website team will be hosting a Website Sprint in #xubuntu-devel on
irc.freenode.net

The current site runs on Drupal and we will be moving to a
WordPress-based site soon. This sprint is intended to be a full,
community-involved, review of the current site content before we move
and to work through any issues we may have with the staging site
running on WordPress before we go live.

So, during this sprint we will:

- Review todo list at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website
- Submit bugs regarding content to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website
- Discuss and review new WordPress theme and pages staged at
http://wp.xubuntu.org

Unable to attend? We'll be updating
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Website/Sprint throughout the week to
provide a full list of tasks we wish to get to during this sprint so
even if you're not available during the IRC-based sprint itself we
invite you to review that page to see what tasks we have available and
outstanding.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 11-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Elizabeth Krumbach <lyz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This weekend, on Saturday, November 19th, at 22:00 UTC the Xubuntu
> website team will be hosting a Website Sprint in #xubuntu-devel on
> irc.freenode.net

First off, thanks to knome, GridCube, bkerensa, beardygnome, SiDi and
olbi for attending and contributing!

Here's what we covered in the 2 hours of our sprint on Saturday:

Fixed links on front page pointing to old staging site
Moved top ten FAQ page from wiki to site
Created "Articles" category for non-news items
Identified some theme issues
Added screenshots to slideshow
Discussed format of /getxubuntu page
Discussed proposal for screenshots page
Edit /help page to add link to FAQ and AskUbuntu.com

Actions:
* beardygnome to review and rewrite /about page, pleia2 will proof
* knome to check in theme changes (done and submitted to IS for installation!)
* pleia2 to schedule next next sprint and identify content for review

As for the next sprint, I'm proposing Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC

Old 11-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

* beardygnome to review and rewrite /about page, pleia2 will proof
* knome to check in theme changes (done and submitted to IS for installation!)

These are also pushed to production now.

* pleia2 to schedule next next sprint and identify content for review

As for the next sprint, I'm proposing Saturday, December 3rd at 17:00 UTC

I'm not yet sure if I can attend at that time - I might very well have
guests coming in. I will get back to this later, but if the time is okay
for the rest, I'm fine with it too.

I will have time at latest on Sunday noon to fix any found issues with
the theme or plugin.

Pasi

Leader of Xubuntu and Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/