-   -   Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/59816-login-screen-appears-twice-x-ubuntu-hardy.html)

DingoMD 03-23-2008 09:59 AM

Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy

I'm getting this bug on Ubuntu Hardy beta. Please tell me what
files/logs you need me to post, if any.

--
Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/178324

Vincent 03-23-2008 05:57 PM

Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy

DingoMD, if you get the problem on the latest update I suppose you'll
need to reopen this bugreport.

The problem seems to go away randomly for people, so perhaps it would be
best not to mark this as fixed until someone consciously fixes it?

reja 04-24-2008 03:09 PM

Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy

Same problem, I upgraded from Gutsy to Hardy 8.04. Originally I didn't
have the login problem but I did have a lot of trouble getting the
initial upgrade to work with my video card (NVIDIA Quadro 4 280NVS).
After I changed the video driver from nvidia-glx to nvidia-legacy, my
video worked, but the double login started.

shearn89 04-26-2008 09:28 PM

Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy

My laptop has just started showing this - acer aspire 5520. Installed
Hardy Beta, then upgraded to 8.04 release with apt-get upgrade.
Yesterday was fine, today literally just now, started doing it. I
normally have to log in twice, and then sometimes my desktop doesn't
appear either and i have to restart X.

oren 04-29-2008 06:59 AM

Login screen appears twice in (X)Ubuntu Hardy

got the same error with a sony vaio vgn txn27n.
installed xubuntu 7.10 and upgraded to hardy.