Old 11-13-2011, 10:37 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Contribute to our roadmap for Precise Pangolin

The development of Xubuntu Precise Pangolin is about to start soon.
It is time to create the roadmap.

We have set up a wikipage for the roadmap [1] together with Simon
Steinbeiß (thanks a *lot* for the help!). The first step is to
brainstorm all the new features we want in, the bugs we really want
to fix and the default applications we want to review. The
brainstorming period has already started, and will end on Monday,
November 21.

To be precise (pun intended), Simon Steinbeiß describes the
brainstorming week like this:

The brainstorming week should be a period of determining
where we want to go with the next version of Xubuntu, or what we
want to do, meaning people (i.e. devs and users) can add items to
the wishlist. After that period, there won't be any more items
added to the list, so we can get a good overview of our todo-list
for Precise. (What we really can do in terms of manpower
etc. will be determined in the next step, "finding assignees"). People need deadlines, even
for adding stuff to a wishlist. To get better planning it's good
to settle on the items we want to work on in advance, not
throughout the cycle (as has been the case quite often), mainly
because it makes planning and focusing easier. Adding an item to the
wishlist does not mean you have to be the one implementing it, but
in your personal interest you should be motivated to at least help
finding someone who will.

So, if you have any ideas... Please feel free to contribute! As said
before, we are accepting new ideas until Monday, November 21.

Assignees for ideas should be found during this month. If you want
to take an action item, feel free to add your name/nick in the list
too already. We will send an another mail asking for assignees for
not-yet-taken items on when the brainstorming period is over though,
so don't worry about it just yet. Implementation for the features
and other stuff will be expected to happen according to the Precise
Pangolin Release Schedule [2].

Cheers,

Pasi

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap