Old 03-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Jarno Suni

Default Volume Control plugin can't be added to xfce4-panel

I can add the volume control in Gutsy after I remove keybindings for the
media keys in the keyboard settings.

--
Volume Control plugin can't be added to xfce4-panel
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/90261

Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 PM
markor

Only way to make Volume Control to the panel is
drag`n`drop method from add items window to the panel.
it seems that it temporarely make it usable.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Lionel Le Folgoc

** Changed in: xfce4-netload-plugin (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: xfce4-systemload-plugin (Ubuntu)

Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Jason Wigg

Confirmed on 8.04 final. Once again dependent on theme.

The program 'xfce4-mixer-plugin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
(Details: serial 198 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
** Message: Volume Control: screen changed: 0

** Message: No valid plug window.

(xfce4-panel:4819): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_socket_get_id: assertion
`GTK_WIDGET_ANCHORED (socket)' failed

** (xfce4-panel:4819): CRITICAL **: An item was unexpectedly removed:
"Volume Control".

Old 04-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Jarno Suni

Could someone tell here what are the keybindings for the media keys in
the keyboard settings? (I have forgotten them, since I removed them to
be able to add the volume control.)

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Jarno Suni

BTW I tried to install latest trunk from svn and here's what I got:
svn: Failed to add directory 'trunk/po': object of the same name already exists
(I had checked out an earlier version before.)