Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM
Lee Garrett

Default xfce battery indicator is wrong

I have rebuilt this package for myself, and deleted the 04_use-sysfs in
debian/patches/ of the source package. Now it works. So this patch is
faulty, as it is hinted in the upstream bug report.

Dear maintainers,
could you upload a package without this patch then? I guess that patch will be fixed sometime, but it isn't urgent as the old interface will be around until vanilla kernel 2.6.26.

Thanks.

--Lee

--
xfce battery indicator is wrong
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/181144

Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 AM
Alfred Rossi

Lee's fix works for me. In fact explicitly applying only the 04_use-
sysfs.patch breaks a working copy.

When I built this before from source I naively ran configure, make, and
make install. I didn't realize that by doing that I was bypassing the
application of the patches.

This also explains why my instructions to oc666 about rebuilding via
"apt-get --compile" failed to produce a working copy with the same
source.

So patches/debian/04_use-sysfs.patch is the problem here too.

Old 03-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Launchpad Bug Tracker

This bug was fixed in the package xfce4-battery-plugin - 0.5.0-5ubuntu2

---------------
xfce4-battery-plugin (0.5.0-5ubuntu2) hardy; urgency=low

* debian/patches/04_use-sysfs.patch: Patch removed.
- RATIONALE:
. Patch results in breakage on some machines.
. Legacy interface will still be around until 2.6.26
- Closes lp: #181144
* debian/control: Updated maintainer to Xubuntu Developers.

-- cody-somerville@ubuntu.com (Cody A.W. Somerville) Sat, 29 Mar 2008
00:35:24 -0300

Old 03-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Lionel Le Folgoc

This is indeed not fixed:
- the old interface is marked as deprecated so that's not really a long term solution
- the plugin with or without the 04_use-sysfs.patch is still broken for me.

The only (working) long-term fix is to use the new hal based battery-
plugin branch when it's released, otherwise there will be the same issue
each time the kernel batteries interface changes.

** Changed in: xfce4-battery-plugin (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "odd value"
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/12960458/2008-03-29-081953_1280x800_scrot.png

Old 04-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Launchpad Bug Tracker

This bug was fixed in the package xfce4-battery-plugin - 0.5.0-6ubuntu1

xfce4-battery-plugin (0.5.0-6ubuntu1) hardy; urgency=low

* Fake-sync (different orig tarballs) with Debian unstable.
* debian/control:
- Update maintainer fields.
- Updated long description to be more user friendly.
* Close lp: #181144

-- cody-somerville@ubuntu.com (Cody A.W. Somerville) Wed, 09 Apr 2008
19:46:37 -0300