Old 10-29-2011, 08:47 AM
madnick

Default RFC: An ISO reporting system.

Hi,

GridCube has been working on a system for reporting the results of our
ISO testing, the system can be found here:
http://www.madnick.se/~gridcube/ .

Yesterday, we decided to create a LP project for this system. As a
result, it will be a software package that anyone can setup for their
own ISO testing purposes.

However, a redesign will be made of this system, I have put together
some specifications for this system that I find desirable.

I propose that we write this system using the following languages: PHP,
(My)SQL, HTML5, Javascript, CSS.

Using those languages ensures a wide audience, since all that is
required is a LAMP environment and a somewhat up to date browser.

The feature I feel is most important for a system like this, is the
ability to extract reports (with pretty graphs ), for that to work, we
need a well designed database that allows for a variety of search
parameters.

Here is a quick overview over how the database is *currently* "designed":

Tables:

Testcases (holds all test cases)
TestsPerformed (holds the status of a particular test performed by a user)
Users (the user table, a user can have a certain rank within the system
etc, so that he may perform certain duties)
Comments (holds all comments for a performed test)
ComputerSpecs (holds the computer specs for a performed test)

Input on this design would be greatly appreciated.

This is really all I could think of at this point, feel free to add more
specifications / wishes.

Oh and, we may need some contributors to this system, so feel free to
tell us if you wish to join in.

Current URL to LP is: https://launchpad.net/dirs

Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Bruno Benitez

[...]

Well hello people, and thanks Madnick for taking this project to a new level.

So, I've been working on this idea of using several tables, currently I'm using just one for the current state of the project. It works for what i wanted to do, and i can be easily used for our testings procedures for this next cycle. However using a superior database structure and options could bring a lot of data that developers, i hope, could find useful.

A particular table I like is "UserSpecs" in which the specifications of the used hardware for a tests is stored, this is extremelly helpful because, if you see the wiki for the tests machines, the actual specs are not updated, this should allow us to send people to see on what machines was a version tested. and other things like that.

So I hope some of you can bring some input about this.

this is basically the structure so far,

http://i39.tinypic.com/jzz4ie.png

will love some comments on this

--