Old 10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Tell Me Why

Default xubuntu beta2 and daily-live for Oct. 8 problem when booting

Dear xubuntu developers!

Thank you for your amazing work!

Could you please look at this bug report? It seems that no one has time to take a look; I really love to use xubuntu from now on.

I have attached two screen shots with my cell phone, just before the restart (read bug description in launchpad). I have no problem with ubuntu 10.10 or 11.10 beta so far; do you have a different kernel than ubuntu?

Best regards

Old 10-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 10-09-2011, 12:08 AM
"Tim H."

The kernels are the same for Ubuntu and all derivatives of Ubuntu.
Unfortunately, without the requested logs, it is very difficult to
diagnose and fix problems. Perhaps try the images tomorrow. There will
be different images then.

There are some "third-party" kernels. I can't remember the repo's for
those I use. Mainly I know of the lowlatency and realtime kernels which
are not maintained by ubuntu per-say.

Tim H.