Old 10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Fotios

Default Xubuntu logo proposal

Xubuntu logo proposal using the previously sent xubuntu icon.

/Fotios

Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 05.10.2011 16:30, Fotios wrote:
> Xubuntu logo proposal using the previously sent xubuntu icon.
>
> /Fotios
Hello Fotios,

thanks for the submissions.

However, we have just switched to the new logo, and as far as I know,
there hasn't been any discussion or dislike for it. The new logo we are
using right now follows the Ubuntu guidelines for logos and has the same
style as the other Ubuntu logos too.

All these things lead to the fact that we are not searching for a new
logo to switch to right now.

Yt,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 10-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Allan Button

On a side note, although the logo looks very nice, to me it looks like it just says Ubuntu, the x is not obvious as part of the title.

I know some people have pronounced xubuntu "EX Uu bun too" but I believe the correct pronunciation is "zoo bun too".

But as Pasi has said, there is no need for a new logo at this time.

I do know that the xubuntu team is always looking for talented artists such as yourself, you can find information on ways you can help here: http://www.xubuntu.org/contribute/marketing .

Allan