Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Ted To

Default Default applications and volume icon

Hi,

I installed beta 2 a few weeks ago (via dist-upgrading since grub2
seemed to be broken) and everything looks beautiful. One problem I'm
having is that although chromium is the default application (both with
xfce's settings manager and x-www-browser and gnome-www-browser) but
whenever I click on a link in either gwibber or thunderbird, it opens
firefox.

The other problem may be an ubuntu problem in general but the mouse
wheel while hovering over the volume icon no longer changes the volume.

Thanks,
Ted To

Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 AM
"Tim H."

Hi,

I installed beta 2 a few weeks ago (via dist-upgrading since grub2
seemed to be broken) and everything looks beautiful. One problem I'm
having is that although chromium is the default application (both with
xfce's settings manager and x-www-browser and gnome-www-browser) but
whenever I click on a link in either gwibber or thunderbird, it opens
firefox.

This problem has long shown its face in my application. It seems the
chrome launcher does not have support for Thunderbird. The fix is
tedious and I am yet to get it to work. Perhaps the devs put this in
place since they realized this themselves.

The other problem may be an ubuntu problem in general but the mouse
wheel while hovering over the volume icon no longer changes the volume.

Noticed this too. I chalk it up to a new audio applet, which seems to
actually be part of the "notifications" if I'm not mistaken. Likely why
middle rolls do not work.

Tim