Old 09-24-2011, 01:06 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-09-25

== 2011-09-19 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

#topic === Old Business ===

* charlie-tca to get FFe filed for xubuntu-meta to add blueman to seeds - Carried Forward
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
* madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
* charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu - Done
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Development/ReleaseProcess
* drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried Forward to LTS
* Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed
* activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward

#topic === Team updates ===
#subtopic ==== Packaging & Development ====

* New upstream bugfix releases uploaded: libxfce4util, xfdesktop4, xfce4-session
* Build failures fixed: libxfcegui4, exo
* Misc uploads: xfce4-dev-tools, xfce4-utils, gigolo, xfwm4
* micahg converted gimp & catfish to dh_python2 (so probably some space gained on the isos o/).
* lightdm-gtk-greeter theming issue in progress, maybe
* Launchpad bug 831488 in gnome-bluetooth (Ubuntu Oneiric) "gnome-bluetooth should Recommends gnome-control-center" [High,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/831488

#subtopic ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

Thanks to the testers for their efforts Saturday and Sunday. Gnome updates started today.

* Beta2 testing starts tomorrow; please update tests on the QA ISO tracker at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/
* Beta2 testing requires the long test for Xubuntu, found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Testing/TestingInfo/Long
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

#subtopic ==== Website & Marketing ====

* The wordpress site has been approved. We are now in the process of converting http://xubuntu.org from drupal to wordpress
* We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they want.

#subtopic ==== Artwork ====

* Lightdm greeter theme might make it into Oneiric

#subtopic ==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

#topic === Announcements ===

* The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-09-25 at 22:00 UTC
* Important dates coming up:
* We are now in UI Freeze and Beta2 Freeze; archives will remain frozen until final release.
* 11.10 Beta2: September 2
* 11.10 Final Freeze: September 29
* 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
* We need to update the Team Reports this week.

#topic === Any Other Business ===

* Discussion on new Xubuntu Testing interface being written by GridCube.

* Blueprints
* We should blueprint at least for default applications and have one uds session for default apps
* it would eliminate the time gap we have now deciding what is going to stay and what is going to change
* This could be a single blueprint; specifying goals for Xubuntu for the release cycle

* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
* [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-09-11 | Meeting log]]
* The meeting scheduled for 2011-09-05 was cancelled

#topic === Xubuntu Governance ===

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Struc ture

#subtopic Nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead

* Nominations for project lead are now open.
* Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues with this, please let us know between now and October 20.

=== Action items ===

* verify top 10 FAQ and check help links in 10

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead

Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Charlie Kravetz

The previous minutes dated 2011-09-25 were actually the minutes for the
meeting held on 2011-09-19.

== 2011-09-25 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

#topic === Old Business ===

* verify top 10 FAQ and check help links in 10
* charlie-tca to get FFe filed for xubuntu-meta to add blueman to
seeds - Carried Forward
* madnick to test blueman in ppa:micahg/patch-test
* docs need a version bump (s/11.04/11.10)
* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
Carried Forward
* madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
* drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried
Forward to LTS
* Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed
* activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward

#topic === Team updates ===
#subtopic ==== Packaging & Development ====

* New upstream bugfix releases uploaded: thunar 1.2.3, xfce4-panel
4.8.6, xfwm4 4.8.2, xfce4-utils 4.8.3, xfce4-settings 4.8.3, garcon
0.1.9
* micahg has been working on blueman (cf. "old business" topic)
* Launchpad bug 840094 in xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu Oneiric) "[xubuntu]
There is no screen title" [High,Confirmed]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/840094
* Launchpad bug 836208 in xubuntu-meta (Ubuntu) "On login to xubuntu
session, starts nautilus which ruins desktop" [Undecided,Incomplete]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/836208

#subtopic ==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* A big thank you to everyone for helping get Beta2 out the door. We
now have about three weeks left before the final release of Xubuntu
11.10.
* Testing will update both google docs and
http://gridcube.netii.net/test/XTCv2.html this week.
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

#subtopic ==== Website & Marketing ====

* The wordpress site has been approved. We are now in the process of
converting http://xubuntu.org from drupal to wordpress
* knome is working on moving content over to the testing site we have
now
* We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they
want.

#subtopic ==== Artwork ====

* Lightdm greeter theme might make it into Oneiric

#subtopic ==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
update it.

#topic === Announcements ===

* The next meeting will be on Monday, 2011-10-03 at 19:00 UTC

*
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-09-25
| Meeting log]]

#topic === Xubuntu Governance ===

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Struc ture

#subtopic Nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead

* Nominations for project lead are now open.
* Those wishing to nominate themselves or others should do so by
email to either mailing list, or myself (charlie-tca@ubuntu.com).
* Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election
will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues
with this, please let us know between now and October 20.
* <GridCube> Can I propose you to Project Leader charlie-tca? not
because you just are the current one, but because i think you are
doing a pretty good job at it, and I think that thats good

=== Action items ===

Old 09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Charlie Kravetz