Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead - 2011

Old 09-19-2011, 09:19 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 09-20-2011, 02:01 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

On 20.09.2011 00:19, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> How time flies...
> I have served as the Xubuntu Project Lead for three releases now. It
> has been a wonderful experience that I honestly enjoyed.
>
> However, in accordance with our governing document [1], I will now open
> nominations for the next project lead. Those wishing to nominate
> themselves or others should do so by email to either mailing list, or
> myself (charlie-tca@ubuntu.com).
>
> Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election
> will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues
> with this, please let us know between now and October 20.
The Strategy Document states that "Project lead nominations are made one
month in advance of the election, by members of Xubuntu Users.", so if
the deadline for nominations is October 20, 2011, we can't elect before
November 20, 2011.

--
Pasi Lallinaho http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 09-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:19:28 -0600
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> How time flies...
> I have served as the Xubuntu Project Lead for three releases now. It
> has been a wonderful experience that I honestly enjoyed.
>
> However, in accordance with our governing document [1], I will now open
> nominations for the next project lead. Those wishing to nominate
> themselves or others should do so by email to either mailing list, or
> myself (charlie-tca@ubuntu.com).
>
> Nominations will close October 20, 2011, and the community election
> will be held at the meeting on October 23, 2011. If there are issues
> with this, please let us know between now and October 20.
>
> All nominees will be asked if they are willing to serve as project
> lead. Those willing will be requested to add to their personal wiki
> page as stated in [2].
>
> We have a very strong community today, and this should continue. I hope
> the community will remain strong and assist the new project leader. I
> feel that I have done my best for this community, and will remain as
> Xubuntu Quality Assurance Lead, if the new Project Lead has no
> objections. I look forward to these nominations, and to the election.
>

> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument
> [2]
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Project_Lead_.28XPL.29

We have two nominees for Xubuntu Project Lead.

Charlie Kravetz (charlie-tca on IRC)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CharlieKravetz

PasiLallinaho (knome on IRC) https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PasiLallinaho/XPL

The election will be held by community vote during the Xubuntu
Community Meeting to be held on October 23, 2011, at 22:00 UTC. The
meeting agenda is available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings .

Congratulations to both
nominees. I wish you the best of luck in this election.

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead

Old 10-20-2011, 08:09 PM