Old 08-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Tim Henderson

Default Xubuntu Studio Request

I'm an avid user of Ubuntu Studio, however customized to run with
Xubuntu desktop.

Is there a xubuntu-studio in the works? I'd be very interested in this,
including participating the packaging, developement, and testing. I
already have a working prototype :P

--
Tim H.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Ronald Stewart

You're right this sounds real cool
Thnx
Ron
Indamixx

Old 08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Mike Holstein

I'm an avid user of Ubuntu Studio, however customized to run with Xubuntu desktop.

Is there a xubuntu-studio in the works? *I'd be very interested in this, including participating the packaging, developement, and testing. *I already have a working prototype :P

--

Tim H.

hey tim... feel free and join us on freenode at #ubuntustudio-devel ..we could use any help you would like to offer during this transition.. thanks*

MH
mikeholstein.info

Old 08-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Charlie Kravetz

Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Kaspar Kööp

I'm an avid user of Ubuntu Studio, however customized to run with Xubuntu desktop.

Is there a xubuntu-studio in the works? *I'd be very interested in this, including participating the packaging, developement, and testing. *I already have a working prototype :P

--

Tim H.

Ubuntu Studio is switching from Gnome to XFCE (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2011-May/007629.html)

NOT Xubuntu, but Ubuntu base with their own XFCE tuning.

Best regards,
Kaspar

Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 09:59:32AM +0200, Kaspar Kööp wrote:
> On 26 August 2011 02:01, Tim Henderson <tim@pghcomp.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm an avid user of Ubuntu Studio, however customized to run with Xubuntu
> > desktop.
> >
> > Is there a xubuntu-studio in the works? I'd be very interested in this,
> > including participating the packaging, developement, and testing. I already
> > have a working prototype :P
>
> Hi,
>
> Ubuntu Studio is switching from Gnome to XFCE (
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-studio-users/2011-May/007629.html)
>
> NOT Xubuntu, but Ubuntu base with their own XFCE tuning.

Hi,

well, I'd say we're even closer than that. I'm borrowing heavily from Xubuntu's
desktop seed. Granted, we have our own theme, but outside of that, we just strip
a few things, and add our trademark stuff.

But yeah, it's gonna be interesting. Bear in mind, though, that this is the
first release with Xubuntu as the base. So it's not gonna be pretty (well I hope
it will, but might not.) Our real goal is to have a solid release for the
upcoming LTS cycle. As unfortunate as it is, oneiric is a little bit of a
training version. But I'm still expecting huge things of it, don't get me wrong.

--
Jaska (aka astraljava @ irc.freenode.org)

Old 08-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Janne Jokitalo

Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 06:23:51PM -0600, Charlie Kravetz wrote:
> Such enthusiasm is always nice to see, however, the developers of
> Xubuntu have no plans to fork UbuntuStudio. You could actually check
> with the developers of UbuntuStudio and see if they need help. They
> hang out on IRC in #ubuntustudio-devel .

Yep, forgot to mention this in the earlier post (btw. why two threads for the
same thing?)

> The plan for Oneiric is to use the Xfce desktop for UbuntuStudio, so I
> am sure help would be appreciated.

Yes, thank you! If you have time, and interest, everything's whole-heartedly
welcomed. Hop on in!

--
Jaska

Old 08-26-2011, 12:20 PM