Old 08-24-2011, 09:18 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu community meeting minutes 2011-08-22

== 2011-08-22 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU - Carried Forward
* GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu - In-work
* https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HyhsMPDyyN-mRWRujfZX3JuKX9aWFQPWsxMEiJX99gQ/edit?hl=es
* madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - Postponed until LTS
* charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu - Carried Forward
* drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried Forward to LTS
* Consumes too much memory bug has been fixed

=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====

* xubuntu-default-settings was updated to set the default session & greeter for lightdm
* some xubuntu-artwork uploads for the plymouth themes (more to come when madnick and knome are around at the same time)
* mr_pouit fixed the build failure of abiword
* micahg fixed some package conflicts (the gtk themes have been moved from xubuntu-artwork to murrine-themes).
* dropped "de" language packs from i386 daily live to make it fit again in 700M (it wasn't in amd64, only in i386)
* activate the "maybe-ubiquity" option for LTS - Carried Forward

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* The Xubuntu testing daily tracker is at http://2tu.us/3gn1
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

* Website draft has been forwarded to IS; now awaiting their decision.
* Possible plugin to wordpress to translate the website actively
* https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+bug/797600
* We need to be telling people they can submit articles anytime they want.

==== Artwork ====

* livecd menu logo - knome

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and update it.

=== Announcements ===

* The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-08-28 at 22:00 UTC
* Important dates coming up:
* 11.10 BetaFreeze: Aug 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC
* User Interface Freeze : August 25, 2011 at 21:00 UTC
* 11.10 Beta1: September 1
* 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
* UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4. Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.
* UDS-P information at http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/

=== Any Other Business ===

* Blueprints
* We should blueprint at least for default applications and have one uds session for default apps
* it would eliminate the time gap we have now deciding what is going to stay and what is going to change
* This could be a single blueprint; specifying goals for Xubuntu for the release cycle

* Beta1 is next week! Let's get a good writeup with all the changes for it, please!

* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
* [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-08-22 | Meeting log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Struc ture

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead