-   -   Fw: Reminder: 11.10 Beta Freeze and User Interface Freeze this Thursday (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/567443-fw-reminder-11-10-beta-freeze-user-interface-freeze-thursday.html)

Charlie Kravetz 08-23-2011 05:26 PM

Fw: Reminder: 11.10 Beta Freeze and User Interface Freeze this Thursday

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:03:39 -0500
From: Kate Stewart <kate.stewart@ubuntu.com>
To: ubuntu-devel@lists.ubuntu.com
Cc: ubuntu-release@lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Reminder: 11.10 Beta Freeze and User Interface Freeze this
Thursday

Dear Developers,
Just a reminder that we'll be entering User Interface Freeze[1] as
well as Beta Freeze[2] this Thursday (August 25th)[3] at 21OO UTC.

The user interface must be stabilized so that documentation writers
and translators can work on a fixed target that doesn't obsolete
screenshots or documentation.

Beta Freeze is necessary so we can stabilize the archive and the
archive administrators can get the inconsistencies resolved.

Thank you for your cooperation on getting those bug fixes for beta
and last user interface tweaks made before this Thursday.

Kate,
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserInterfaceFreeze
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BetaFreeze