Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-08-08 minutes

== 2011-08-08 Meeting Minutes ==

The agenda is at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
Carried Forward
* GridCube to put together the "TOP 10" for Xubuntu - In-work
* madnick to look into building a lightdm greeter - In-work
* drop ristretto if it can not do what we need to photos - Carried
Forward to LTS

=== Team updates ===
==== Packaging & Development ====

* new versions of xfce4-screenshooter (1.8.0), midori (0.4.0),
xfce4-notifyd (0.2.2) should be sync'd this week
* we dropped epdfview in favor of evince since gnumeric needs evince
* pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
* Launchpad bug 800918 in xubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu) "Some
wallpaper/backdrops ideas" [Wishlist,Confirmed]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/800918

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* We did not release Alpha3
* The desktop images would not install and the alternate images
destroyed data in /home was encrypted
* Keep the bugs coming in, please
* We are tracking the Oneiric bugs at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot

==== Website & Marketing ====

* a preview of the Xubuntu website in wordpress was given. Work is
proceeding on the change to wordpress.
* beardygnome wrote another awesome review which was replied to here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2011-July/007898.html
* fixed most things, but I asked some questions there, particularly
about documentation and translations stuff I don't understand (so
can't fix on the site)
* there is also an outstanding bug that the site isn't translatable,
if someone familiar with doing translations and wordpress is around
please contact either charlie-tca or pleia2 in #xubuntu-devel about
how to handle the site moving forward

==== Artwork ====

* madnick is working on both plymouth and lightdm themes for Xubuntu
* http://www.madnick.se/~madnick/xubuntu
* Please contact charlie-tca or madnick in #xubuntu-devel to help
test this
* we need a lightdm theme - madnick will work this

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
update it.

=== Announcements ===

* The next meeting will be on Sunday, 2011-08-14 at 22:00 UTC
* Important dates coming up:
* 11.10 FeatureFreeze : August 11, 2011 at 18:00 UTC
* User Interface Freeze : August 25, 2011
* 11.10 Release Date: October 13, 2011
* UDS-P will be in Orlando, Florida the week of October 31 - Nov 4.
Please apply for sponsorship by August 24.
* UDS-P information at
http://ubuntu-news.org/2011/07/15/ubuntu-developer-summit-sponsorship-now-open-2/

=== Any Other Business ===

* Release milestone documentation or checklists
* non exist for Xubuntu, although Ubuntu uses them.
* We need to start documenting what needs to happen, and what is
happening.
* Blueprints

* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
*
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-07-31
| Meeting log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu_Governance_.26_Team_Struc ture

* One weeks left for current review of revision to Strategy Document
concerning electing a Project Lead. email sent to both ML for review.

=== Action items ===

charlie-tca to start a release checklist page for Xubuntu

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead

Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 PM