Old 07-05-2011, 10:25 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Xubuntu marketing material

Hey,

the Xubuntu logos are available at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork (including SVG versions).

Right now, there is no specific web-marketing material (like banners),
but I'd be happy to elaborate creating such banners, if you want those.
This is a pending item for our new website anyway, so it does not hurt
to be ready in time.

What comes to screenshots, I assume the #xubuntu-devel IRC channel is a
good place to ask for those. I assume we are going to have a bunch of
screenshots in the new website as well. This far Elizabeth (pleia2 at
IRC) has been creating most of the screenshots, but I'm sure others can
help as well.

I'm sending a copy of this mail to the Xubuntu developer mailing list,
so others can easily chime in.

Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 07-08-2011, 01:55 AM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Pasi Lallinaho <pasi@shimmerproject.org> wrote:
> the Xubuntu logos are available at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork (including SVG versions).

I went ahead and added this link to our static Marketing page on the
site (it's a shame it hadn't been there all along!)

http://www.xubuntu.org/contribute/marketing

> Right now, there is no specific web-marketing material (like banners),
> but I'd be happy to elaborate creating such banners, if you want those.
> This is a pending item for our new website anyway, so it does not hurt
> to be ready in time.

I'd love to see such things, right now on my site I just grabbed the
svg of the round Xubuntu logo and made a png for my site.

> What comes to screenshots, I assume the #xubuntu-devel IRC channel is a
> good place to ask for those. I assume we are going to have a bunch of
> screenshots in the new website as well. This far Elizabeth (pleia2 at
> IRC) has been creating most of the screenshots, but I'm sure others can
> help as well.

There is actually an outstanding site bug related to screenshots:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/xubuntu-website/+bug/784158

To fix this bug we need screenshots of a more recent upgrade,
currently it has screenshots of synaptic in intrepid and an jaunty to
karmic upgrade, which is getting a bit stale Of course in order to
get this screenshot you need to install a Maverick system and get
screenshots of upgrading to Natty, which I haven't gotten around to
yet. If someone else wants to they're welcome to.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com