Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu community meeting 2011-06-27

== 2011-06-27 Meeting Minutes ==

the agenda at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings

=== Old Business ===

* Charlie to dig for the xscreensaver updates, and put in an SRU -
Carried Forward
* micahg to find what Ubuntu-desktop does with java in
restricted-extras
* GridCube to begin a discussion on the Xubuntu-devel ML to find the
"Top 10" FAQ items for Xubuntu
* investigate putting the "TOP 10" FAQ on the website
* start ML discussion on panels, reviews of current panels, launchers
on panels, etc

=== Team updates ===

==== Packaging & Development ====

* merges/syncs from Debian
* pavucontrol and pastebinit need to be added to the defaults
* look into putting file-roller back, now that it won't pull in
nautilus anymore
* look at the possibility of adding midori as a second browser
* no updates for Xubuntu 10.04.3, so this will not be done

==== Bug Triage & Testing ====

* WWe are running tests almost daily, alternating partition methods
and install methods to cover everything
* Bug squashing continues on a daily basis

==== Website & Marketing ====

* All teams need to review website content
* insure http://xubuntu.org/contribute is up to date for each team
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Marketing

==== Artwork ====

* there's a git-repo for greybird
* https://github.com/shimmerproject/Greybird
* There is a new scrollbar style; please download the latest updates
from git and test it
* we dropped the scrollbar-arrows (at least visually)
* it can be tested in Xubuntu 11.04

==== Documentation ====

* We need someone that can go through the wiki documentation and
update it.

=== Announcements ===

* Team Reports are due for June
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/TeamReports
* Debian Import Freeze: June 30
* 10.04.3 Freeze: June 30
* Oneiric Alpha 2: July 7
* Testing for Alpha2: July 5
* We will need a news release for alpha2, and it should give the
changes to default apps if we can.
* We can include the most critical bugs from
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Bugs/OneiricOcelot
* A draft for release notes is at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/OneiricOcelot/AlphaNotes

=== Any Other Business ===

* knome is now an IRC op in #xubuntu-devel
* discussion about adding switch user to panel
* to subscribe to the xubuntu-devel mailing list, go to
* https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-devel
* Next meeting is in one week, July 3, #xubuntu-devel, at 22:00 UTC.
*
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-06-27
| Meeting log]]

=== Action items for the 2011-06-27 meeting ===

* No action items

==== Xubuntu Governance ====

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
[[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]

<<BR>>
<<BR>>

== 2011-06-27 Meeting Log ==

* People Present:

* charlie-tca
* mr_pouit
* micahg
* ochosi
* pleia2
* knome
* Mandrew
* jarnos
* Unit193

The full logs can found in original form at
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2011/06/27/%23xubuntu-devel.txt

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead