Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Testing Oneiric Ocelot Desktop Images 2011-06-08

We have switched to LightDM for a login manager. This is a replacement
for GDM. However, we have to set the configurations up yet. To get to a
live desktop, please do the following:

1. boot the daily-live cd choosing "try without installing"
2. at the login prompt, choose "live desktop user"
3. choose a session; either one is fine
4. click on login
5. If you clicked on password, and it fails to login, it will fail to
restart or shutdown. You will have to do a hard shutdown.

Either session will log in to the Xfce Session. The wallpaper will have
a large, centered Xfce. I have not tested to see what is not going to
work at this time.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance and Testing