-   -   Xubuntu and Libre Office (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/535967-xubuntu-libre-office.html)

Ted To 06-06-2011 08:33 PM

Xubuntu and Libre Office

I booted up the Oneiric image and unhappily found that Libre Office was
included by default. Is this a permanent choice or are the devs
throwing this out for feedback? If the latter, consider this to be my
feedback.

Charlie Kravetz 06-06-2011 09:10 PM

Xubuntu and Libre Office

On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 16:33:23 -0400
Ted To <rainexpected@theo.to> wrote:

> I booted up the Oneiric image and unhappily found that Libre Office was
> included by default. Is this a permanent choice or are the devs
> throwing this out for feedback? If the latter, consider this to be my
> feedback.

During the development cycle, many changes take place. As the cycle
progresses, Xubuntu finds itself in the position of undoing changes
brought by the association with Ubuntu. This is one of those changes.
There is not often much hurry to undo this type of thing, since we
would like to insure we only have to undo it one time.

If you are interested in following changes we make, we do normally talk
about them first on this mailing list. We also announce them in the
weekly community meetings[1] and in the release notes for each
milestone release.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OneiricOcelot/TechnicalOverview

--