Old 06-06-2011, 02:30 AM
"Cory K."

Default Side note: DB info for music/ripping apps.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Maik Adamietz <maikadamietz38@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried Asunder for the first time and used it the last couple of days and
> for my experience it worked great and got me every album info of 43 cd's i
> imported/ripped. In Banshee and Rhythmbox i had a harder time with many CD's
> because they where not in the CDdatabase server.

Since DB errors have been mentioned a couple of times... Any app that
uses "freedb.freedb.org" and you can edit the server it looks to can
use "freedb.musicbrainz.org" as an alternative. (there might be others
as well)

http://musicbrainz.org/doc/FreeDB_Gateway

--
-Cory K.
*Ubuntu Studio dev

Old 06-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Maik Adamietz

Hi Cory,

Thanks for that info. I've never been looking into it that much but some more interest came just recently. I will have a look at it soon.
It's always great to learn some new stuff though i've been using Linux for three years now.

http://wearetechguys.com