Old 05-13-2011, 04:54 PM
C K

Default Xubuntu Studio. Well, kinda. Ubuntu Studio re-basing to XFCE

Hello. My name is Cory Kontros. I am the former creator/lead for
Ubuntu Studio until 10.10. I have stepped back in for this release to
help with a major transition underway over in our camp.

One of those changes being our move to XFCE. We do not feel Unity nor
GNOME-Shell fit our target audience or intended workflow.

That said, I'm sending this email in hopes of establishing a
relationship where I can better understand how XFCE's packaging in
Ubuntu works. We plan on having a very different default setup than
Xubuntu (which totally rocks now BTW) and it would be great to get
questions here and there answered. I have grabbed the
xubuntu-default-settings package to tinker with to get familiar.

Thank you for your time.

--
-Cory K.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Micah Gersten

On 05/13/2011 06:54 PM, C K wrote:

> Hello. My name is Cory
Kontros. I am the former creator/lead for

> Ubuntu Studio until 10.10. I have stepped back in for this
release to

> help with a major transition underway over in our camp.

> One of those changes being our move to XFCE. We do not feel
Unity nor

> GNOME-Shell fit our target audience or intended workflow.

> That said, I'm sending this email in hopes of establishing

> relationship where I can better understand how XFCE's
packaging in

> Ubuntu works. We plan on having a very different default
setup than

> Xubuntu (which totally rocks now BTW) and it would be great
to get

> questions here and there answered. I have grabbed the

> xubuntu-default-settings package to tinker with to get
familiar.

> Thank you for your time.

Welcome!* You're in good company as Mythbuntu already is based on

Xfce. We generally hang out in #xubuntu-devel on freenode.* Feel
free

to ask any questions here or there.* Most of the packaging work
for

Xfce in Ubuntu is done in Debian by the awesome pkg-xfce team.

Micah