Old 04-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Xubuntu Community Meeting - What's the best day / time?

On 04/07/2011 11:39 PM, Phil Whitaker wrote:
Hi all,

The*Xubuntu Community Meeting is*currently*held (most)
Thursdays at 1900 UTC. *This time has become less suitable for
some of us recently and at today's meeting we agreed to explore
other options.

The days available are*Monday,*Thursday and*Friday. *As for
times, we have community members in a wide range of timezones,
including zones as far apart as the US West Coast and Central
Europe, so the time would need to be broadly suitable for people
about 10 hours apart.

Please reply to this thread with any suggestions. *They will
be discussed at the next Community Meeting on April 21. *My vote
is for a start time between 1900 UTC and 2200 UTC, with Monday
being the preferred day and Friday as my second choice.

Thanks,

Phil

beardygnome.co.uk

Hey,

I vote for Monday as well. Friday is too prone for the thing called
"life" to come in and stop us from attending. The best starting time
would be 19UTC, but I suppose anything up to 21UTC would be at least
"okay" for me.

I understand that it's not up for discussion now, but I'm not sure
if we need a meeting every week when it's not time before the
release. Maybe start weekly meetings a few weeks before alpha, but
before that, once per two weeks would be okay, in my opinion.

Cheers,

--
Pasi Lallinaho » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project »*http://shimmerproject.org/

Old 04-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:39:49 +0100
Phil Whitaker <xubuntu-devel@beardygnome.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The Xubuntu Community Meeting is currently held (most) Thursdays at 1900
> UTC. This time has become less suitable for some of us recently and at
> today's meeting we agreed to explore other options.
>
> The days available are Monday, Thursday and Friday. As for times, we have
> community members in a wide range of timezones, including zones as far apart
> as the US West Coast and Central Europe, so the time would need to be
> broadly suitable for people about 10 hours apart.
>
> Please reply to this thread with any suggestions. They will be discussed at
> the next Community Meeting on April 21. My vote is for a start time between
> 1900 UTC and 2200 UTC, with Monday being the preferred day and Friday as my
> second choice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil
>
> beardygnome.co.uk <http://www.beardygnome.co.uk>

I am going to be happy to hold these meetings on any of these days. As
for time, I am available and willing to have them between 14:00 UTC to
23:00 UTC. I will even go later if need be. I would to see a time when
the majority of us will be able to attend.

I have been very happy with the weekly meeting format, and feel that
holding these weekly keeps myself well informed as to the current
developments and status in the community.

--
Charlie Kravetz

Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
Simon Steinbeiß

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:08:27 -0600
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> I am going to be happy to hold these meetings on any of these days. As
> for time, I am available and willing to have them between 14:00 UTC to
> 23:00 UTC. I will even go later if need be. I would to see a time when
> the majority of us will be able to attend.
>
> I have been very happy with the weekly meeting format, and feel that
> holding these weekly keeps myself well informed as to the current
> developments and status in the community.

Hi everyone,
I wasn't able to attend quite a few meetings lately, fortunately no
critical news from me anyway
I'm happy if we decide to move the meetings away from Thursday and
maybe an hour or two earlier, the current time interferes with the
so-called "prime-time" (even though I don't have a TV, it's still a
time of the day when I'm usually occupied somehow).
I'm totally ok with Monday, let me add that Tuesday would hardly ever
be possible for me.

All the best,
Simon

Old 04-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Simon Steinbeiß

On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 09:08:27 -0600
Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

> I am going to be happy to hold these meetings on any of these days. As
> for time, I am available and willing to have them between 14:00 UTC to
> 23:00 UTC. I will even go later if need be. I would to see a time when
> the majority of us will be able to attend.
>
> I have been very happy with the weekly meeting format, and feel that
> holding these weekly keeps myself well informed as to the current
> developments and status in the community.

Hi everyone,
I wasn't able to attend quite a few meetings lately, fortunately no
critical news from me anyway
I'm happy if we decide to move the meetings away from Thursday and
maybe an hour or two earlier, the current time interferes with the
so-called "prime-time" (even though I don't have a TV, it's still a
time of the day when I'm usually occupied somehow).
I'm totally ok with Monday, let me add that Tuesday would hardly ever
be possible for me.

All the best,
Simon

PS: Admins please delete the unintentional double-post from my other
email address (@univie)

--
MMag. Simon Steinbeiß
Institut für Religionswissenschaft

Old 04-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Elizabeth Krumbach

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Charlie Kravetz
<cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:
> I am going to be happy to hold these meetings on any of these days. As
> for time, I am available and willing to have them between 14:00 UTC to
> 23:00 UTC. I will even go later if need be. I would to see a time when
> the majority of us will be able to attend.

It's difficult for me to attend meetings prior to 16:00 (9AM here),
any time after that is fine. It doesn't matter which day.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com

Old 04-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Phil Whitaker

Hi all,
I can't make the meeting today, but my preferences are documented in this thread.
Have a good meeting :-)
Philbeardygnome.co.uk