Old 03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-03-17 minutes

= 2011-03-17 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

* ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black
background - carried forward
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing - carried forward/after natty releases

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

* uploaded fixes for xubuntu-default-settings and xubuntu-artwork.
* Uploaded fixes to correctly display translated desktop file names in
Thunar and Xfdesktop4.
* Some bugfix in garcon as well.
* Included more mimetypes in xfburn.desktop.

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

* Images were broken all week, the alternate image installs great.

=== Website & Marketing ===

* Still waiting on canonical to set up wordpress.
* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.

=== Artwork ===

I want to thank every artist for their work and I apologize for the
license issues not being verified before the end of the contest period.
The wallpapers are at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty.
* http://www.flickr.com/photos/leogg/5247055287/in/pool-uawt-7
* licensed cc-by-sa, unfortunately, it contains images licensed
cc-by-nc-sa
*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emunkki/5515540418/in/pool-uawt-7#/photos/emunkki/5515540418/in/pool-1546142@N20/
* Default wallpaper for Xubuntu Natty Narwhal
*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pr09studio/5277600138/in/pool-1546142@N20/
* copyrighted by the author, "all rights reserved"
* A vote was held to decide which of the remaining would be available
on the CD, results were a tie (4/4). Project Lead determined that the
image by leogg would be the winner.
* http://www.flickr.com/photos/leogg/5224255554/in/pool-1546142@N20/
* http://www.flickr.com/photos/tylana/5343925114/in/pool-1546142@N20/

== Announcements ==

* Anyone wants to go to UDS-O needs to submit their application for
sponsorship, please
* BetaFreeze and UserInterfaceFreeze March 24, 23:00 UTC

== Any Other Business ==

* Next meeting is in one week, March 24, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00 UTC.
* Meeting log is at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-03-17
* The Global Jam is coming up in a couple weeks
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam
* We need to insure the Xubuntu testing pages are updated for a loco
to use during this event.

== Action items for the 2011-3-17 meeting ==

* Charlie as Project Lead will draw up a proposal to be added the the
Xubuntu Strategy Document for choosing a new Project Lead by
community vote
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/StrategyDocument
* Launchpad bug 720652 in ubiquity (Ubuntu) "[Xubuntu]
maybe-ubiquity/new greeter support" [Undecided,New]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/720652

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Project Lead