Old 02-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Xubuntu Natty installation slideshow

Hey,

I just created a branch for the Xubuntu Natty Ubiquity slideshows at
https://code.launchpad.net/~knome/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/xubuntu-natty.

If you want to test it right now, you should:
1) Install 'bzr' and 'ttf-droid' packages (if you don't have them)
2) 'bzr branch ~knome/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/xubuntu-natty'
3) Move to the directory created and run './test-slideshow.sh' and
select 'xubuntu' from the menu.

New layout for Xubuntu is included, but the content is still all old.

We've thought this kind of structure for the slideshow (still very much
work in progress):

1) Default Apps
* FF & TB (those two can share a slide imo, no screenshots needed)
* Gmusicbrowser
* Abiword (& Gnumeric)

2) Panel Config, UI, new themes
* Launcher panel
* Open windows in top panel
* New themes, new wallpaper...

Feel free to help out with the content and discuss about anything you'd
like to include (or remove, or change).

The idea is to produce an easily readable overview on Xubuntu. This
means no novels on the slides. Let's try to focus on descriptive
screenshots.

--
Pasi Lallinaho // Alshain Oy
pasi@alshain.fi

Old 02-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Pasi Lallinaho » http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project » http://shimmerproject.org/
Webdesigner, graphic artist, Ubuntu member » IRC: knome @ freenode

Old 02-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Simon Steinbeiß

Let me quickly correct one (important detail), the correct line for pulling the bazaar branch (item 2 in the list for testing) is
bzr branch lp:~knome/ubiquity-slideshow-ubuntu/xubuntu-natty

Other than that I can only say that I like the concept of Ubuntu's slideshow as well (what Pasi called "descriptive screenshots") and repeat what Pasi already said: input and feedback is very welcome!
Cheers,
Simon