Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Community Meeting 2011-02-17 minutes

= 2011-02-17 Meeting Minutes =

== Old Business ==

* Old business - all
* Xubuntu marketing plans - carried forward
* shimmer project to move items pertaining to Xubuntu to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu
* We need to start either a ML item or webpage item for marketing

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

* More syncs from debian experimental
* Updated xfce4-session and tumbler to the latest upstream releases
* More bugfixes/improvements for xubuntu-default-settings (Bug #79053,
Bug #718177, mostly menu tuning, feedback welcome!)
* Launchpad bug 79053 in xfdesktop "Network menu entry is confusing
(Xubuntu)" [Unknown,Confirmed] https://launchpad.net/bugs/79053
* Launchpad bug 718177 in xubuntu-default-settings (Ubuntu) "The
current Xubuntu menu hides too many entries" [Undecided,Fix
released] https://launchpad.net/bugs/718177
* Uploaded update-notifier to fix restarting with 4.8 (Bug #716905)
* Launchpad bug 716905 in update-notifier (Ubuntu Natty) "[Xubuntu]
Unable to restart" [Medium,Fix released]
https://launchpad.net/bugs/716905
* Fixed a few plugins to work with the new panel
(xfce4-weather-plugin, xfce4-timer-plugin).
* some bugs reported for the integration with ubiquity
* ochosi is working hard on making gmusicbrowser final for natty,
should be ready next week before the freeze
=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

* This week we tested the iso images for 10.04.2. There are no issues
blocking release.
* We need some testers and a new testing lead, if anyone is interested
* We need to have some more people looking at Natty, so we can get the
feedback to mr_pouit and ochosi in time for any changes needed.
* We have Natty Alpha3 coming out in two weeks.

=== Website & Marketing ===

* Suggestion from ochosi - it would be great if the first page would
show the slideshow that is shown during installation.
* it was also suggested that we make the news items more interesting,
get more creative with something like "alpha 3 released - now with
shiny chromium theme!"
* ochosi to write an article about artwork for publication as news on
website
* ask knome to do some drafts with a grey background and a black
background
* submit an RT to Canonical for wordpress
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing
* alpha3 will have all the artwork and theme changes

=== Artwork ===

* we need someone to update the slideshows displayed during the
installation, they are badly outdated (they were made for karmic or
lucid)
* knome can update the technical parts, if provided with natty
information

=== Discuss panel launchers for natty ===

* after some discussion, the following was presented: Default panel
launchers to be
* Desktop | Browser Email Musicplayer Terminal Abiword SoftwareCenter
Appfinder | Folders

== Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.2 ==

* Xubuntu 10.04.2 will be released on 2011-12-17

== Announcements ==

* Xfce is starting on 4.10 now, to be ready in January 2012.
* It will include Accessibility built in, if it goes according to plan
* if it stays on schedule - ready for LTS release in April 2012

== Any Other Business ==

* Next meeting is in one week, Frebruary 24, #ubuntu-meeting, at 19:00
UTC.
*
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Meetings/Archive/Minutes/2011-02-17
| Meeting log]]
* proposal we take up the strategy document starting in three weeks, a
bit at a time, the meeting of March 10.

== Action items for the 2011-02-10 meeting ==

* ochosi and knome will put together some logo designs to be discussed
as the menu icon
* ochosi and mr_pouit will change panel launchers to generic icons
* ochosi to write an article about artwork due for news on website

== Action items for the 2011-02-17 meeting ==

* shimmer project to move items pertaining to Xubuntu to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu
* knome is to set up a tele-conference of some type to discuss
marketing
* find someone to update the slideshow

== Carried Forward ==

Please see the [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Xubuntu_2010-01-10
| previous log]]

=== Xubuntu Governance ===

* The governancy part of the current Strategy Document can be found at
[[Xubuntu/StrategyDocument#Xubuntu Governance & Team Structure]]
* The Xubuntu project will advance towards a Council-based governance
approach.

=== The Xubuntu Council ===

* The Council size should be 5 members, with one of them being the PL.
* PL will have a vote in every voting in the Council, not just as a
tie-breaker.
* The 4 members in the Council in addition to the PL should be
selected by the existing Xubuntu Contributors.
* The appropriate Team Lead can be the tiebreaker in a vote, but only
if PL is absent.
* The council should *aim* to have balanced membership across the
different aspects/teams of Xubuntu.
* The council should be named/selected after every LTS release. Thus,
every season lasts for 2 years.

- --
Charlie Kravetz

Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 PM