Old 12-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Meeting Minutes 2010-12-09

The regular Xubuntu Community Meeting was held on 2010-12-09. These are
the minutes of that meeting.

== Old Business ==

* I did email the developer of LightDM, he believes it should be ready
in time for Natty release, but we have no dates yet on when we can
actually try it

== Team updates ==

=== Packaging & Development ===

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Roadmap/Specifications/Natty/Xfce4.8
* legacy: Uploaded thunar-vfs 1.1.1
* core: Uploaded remaining packages from 4.8~pre1, and all packages
from 4.8~pre2
* panel-plugins: ~25 rebuilt, ~17 to go
* dailies are still broken because all panel plugins are not rebuilt
yet

=== Bug Triage & Testing ===

* existing bugs need to be reviewed with the change to Xfce4.8. Many
will no longer be valid
* bugs that remain valid may need a new backtrace
* apport at this time does not work for Natty Xubuntu bugs

=== Website & Marketing ===

* xubuntu.org is still using our old logo and everything

=== Artwork ===

* ochosi has done a lot of work on greybird and faenza-xfce icons
* please take a look at them if you have time, and give some
feedback
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Natty
* for those wanting to find the Xubuntu logo and icons, they are now on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork
* I will notify the artwork group that we need to set the date March
14 to close submissions
=== Documentation ===

* introduced Book_em_Dano, who is updating Xubuntu documentation
* working on updates to the Natty branch and most of those changes can
be applied to maverick
* as many people as possible need to review the latest docs in bzr
*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/Repository
gives directions
* lp:xubuntu-docs is the lastest branch of the documentation
* also reviewing the docs for lucid so that updated docs are available
for updates

== PowerPC and PS3 ports for Natty ==

* Xubuntu will discontinue the PS3 port completely, since the
manufacturer doesn't want the os changed anymore
* Xubuntu will continue with the PowerPC port, but until we get
testers for it, we will not be producing the release milestones,
thus it will not release as 11.04

== Updates for Xubuntu 10.04.2 ==

* Since we have many updates to 10.04 when it is installed,
charlie-tca wants to publish the 10.04.2 image.
* This will allow us to get the changes in and save those installing
it some bandwidth. We know not all places have the fastest thing
going, and unlimited downloads available.
* Major Mozilla updates are Firefox 3.6 has Out of process plugins for
flash now and Thunderbird will be 3.1.x.

== Announcements ==

* Xubuntu does not have any daily iso right now, but the alpha1 image
is good, http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/11.04/alpha-1/

== Governance Discussion ==

* nominations for Xubuntu Project Lead are due to the Community
Council by December 15
*
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2010-November/007614.html

== Any Other Business ==

* Thunderbird will be moving to 3.1.7 very soon. If anyone wants to
test it on lucid, it's staged in the ubuntu-mozilla-security PPA.

* Next meeting is in one week, December 16, here, at 19:00 UTC.

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Xubuntu_2010-12-09 contains the
Meeting log

== Action items for the next meeting ==

* notify community artwork that wallpaper will close on 2010-03-14
* pleia2 to check on converting website to new logo and icons

- --
Charlie Kravetz