Old 11-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Xubuntu Community Meeting 2010-11-25

The minutes from the Xubuntu meeting held 2010-11-25 are:

== Old Business ==
* charlie-tca to get with thorwil and Saleel about artwork specs by
email
* There is now a lively discussion taking place on the community
artwork mailing list -
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-art/2010-November/012604.html
* We have drawn up a draft of artwork specs for Xubuntu wallpaper,
and any input is welcomed.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Specs/0007_Xubuntu_Natty_Wallpaper

== Team Reports ==
=== Technical ===
* uploaded exo 0.5.5 to natty

=== Documentation ===
* We do have an individual working the Xubuntu docs. He is working on
updating things and I will have more on that the next meeting.

=== Bugs and Testing ===

* We are hoping to see more people involved in testing. If we do not
have anyone committed to test, we will not produce the image.

=== Artwork ===
* Ochosi is currently reworking the xubuntu gtk-theme (aka bluebird),
feel free to check it out @
http://shimmerproject.org/hg/bluebird-colors > greybird.
* Ochosi is particularily interested in
* panel
* window-switcher (alt-tab)
* scrollbars
* Ochosi is also working on an xfce-complete version of faenza (based
on 0.7) which you can check out here:
http://shimmerproject.org/hg/faenza-xfce
* Please give feedback to myself or ochosi on IRC

== Announcements ==
* Natty Alpha1 cd's next week.
* We would really appreciate any help with testing these images
starting November 30
* Xubuntu project needs marketing director and an Artwork Leader

== Governance Discussion ==
* Sent an email to both Xubuntu Developers mailing list and the
Community Council that we are looking to have a permanent Project Lead.
*
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/xubuntu-devel/2010-November/007614.html
* Nominations are open until the 15th of December.

== Any Other Business ==
* Next meeting is Thursday, 2 Dec, #ubuntu-meeting, 19:00 UTC.

- --
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Interim Project Lead
charlie-tca AT ubuntu DOT com