Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Charlie Kravetz

Default Maverick Meerkat Release Candidate

Old 09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Vincent

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com> wrote:

We are in the process of testing the Release Candidate (RC) images for

Maverick. This is the last chance to catch problems before the release

of Xubuntu 10.10 on October 10, 2010. This RC image will be released on

Thursday, 2010-09-30.

Along with this RC image, we need to get our news releases ready. We

will need to provide the http://xubuntu.org website with an up-to-date

article for both the release candidate and the final image. Since we

only have a few days, this is a good time to get those articles ready.

This has been a good development release with relatively few issues for

Xubuntu. The image is quite stable at this time, with the only real

issue being the game Quadrapassel. Quadrapassel will not run on any

machine that does not have 3d enabled. This includes systems with

nvidia video without hardware drivers installed and VirtualBox

machines. If this is the only real issue, we DID GREAT!

Many thanks to all those contributing to Xubuntu. You all deserve a

huge hug!

Hi Charlie,
Are there release notes anywhere? I can't find them at�https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/MaverickMeerkat/RC�, if anyone could create them there that would be great.

Also, if you could BCC (don't forget the B in BCC these mails to my personal address, that would be great. Being in the board of my study's union nowadays, I don't even really have time to read up on all my geek mails. A mail to my personal address doesn't guarantee it being done quickly, but at least it won't take me two days to even read the mail

Best,
Vincent�
- --

Charlie Kravetz

Linux Registered User Number 425914 � � � � �[http://counter.li.org/]

Never let anyone steal your DREAM. � � � � � [http://keepingdreams.com]

Vincent

Old 10-01-2010, 03:22 AM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:57:06 +0200
Vincent <mailinglists@vinnl.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 8:05 PM, Charlie Kravetz <cjk@teamcharliesangels.com
> > wrote:

> > We are in the process of testing the Release Candidate (RC) images for
> > Maverick. This is the last chance to catch problems before the release
> > of Xubuntu 10.10 on October 10, 2010. This RC image will be released on
> > Thursday, 2010-09-30.
> >
> > Along with this RC image, we need to get our news releases ready. We
> > will need to provide the http://xubuntu.org website with an up-to-date
> > article for both the release candidate and the final image. Since we
> > only have a few days, this is a good time to get those articles ready.
> >
> > This has been a good development release with relatively few issues for
> > Xubuntu. The image is quite stable at this time, with the only real
> > issue being the game Quadrapassel. Quadrapassel will not run on any
> > machine that does not have 3d enabled. This includes systems with
> > nvidia video without hardware drivers installed and VirtualBox
> > machines. If this is the only real issue, we DID GREAT!
> >
> > Many thanks to all those contributing to Xubuntu. You all deserve a
> > huge hug!
> >

> Hi Charlie,
>
> Are there release notes anywhere? I can't find them at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/MaverickMeerkat/RC , if anyone could create
> them there that would be great.
>
> Also, if you could BCC (don't forget the B in BCC these mails to my
> personal address, that would be great. Being in the board of my study's
> union nowadays, I don't even really have time to read up on all my geek
> mails. A mail to my personal address doesn't guarantee it being done
> quickly, but at least it won't take me two days to even read the mail
>
> Best,
>
> Vincent

Thanks a ton for the news article. I did not get the release notes
written specific to Xubuntu, I will try to do that tomorrow. I just ran
out of energy today, with testing this week. Today, we have the Ubuntu
release notes to work with -
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MaverickMeerkat/TechnicalOverview

So far, this looks like a great release! Next week will be the final
testing for Maverick. We will release on 2010-10-10.

Thank you again for your help and support. It is greatly appreciated.

- --
Charlie Kravetz