Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 AM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Fwd: LightDM

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:
LightDM

Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:18:18 +1000

From:
Robert Ancell <robert.ancell@gmail.com>

To:
xfce4-dev@xfce.org

Hi,

You may or may not be aware of my project to create a new display
manager, LightDM [1]. The project is in an alpha state where I can
run LightDM as my display manager, but it needs more work.

If you are interested, I am actively interested in supporting the XFCE
project in getting LightDM working well. I will also be proposing
LightDM for use in Ubuntu in Maverick+1 and GNOME in 3.0.

What I need from you:
- Feedback!
- Tell me what features XFCE needs.
- How to fit in with the XFCE release schedule.
- Keep bugging me until all the roadblocks are gone. You can send me
an email every day if you like with the list of bugs that are stopping
it from working in XFCE.

[1] https://launchpad.net/lightdm

Hey Robert,

I'm forwarding this message to the Xubuntu developer mailing list.
The Xubuntu team has been looking for a good alternative for GDM a long
time, and this sounds like something interesting.

Cheers,

--
Pasi Lallinaho http://open.knome.fi/
Leader of the Shimmer Project *http://shimmerproject.org/