Old 04-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Vincent

Default Looking for a volunteer to write the release notes

Hi everybody,

Xubuntu 10.04 is set to be released on Thursday, and we need release
notes. They should be published at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final, but it would be nice
if until then someone could create some on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final/Draft

For inspiration, you can check the RN for beta 2 at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Beta2

According to Charlie, until now only the Abiword help issue is still
open and several people are actively working on fixing that.

Thanks in advance!
--
Vincent

Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Jarno Suni

I volunteer, but I would not mind, if there were more volunteers. My
experience in writing wiki pages is limited, but I've got an account
already

I am looking for some co-operation with the colleague in Ubuntu
development team.

--
http://www.iki.fi/8/

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 PM
Jarno Suni

I made a draft:

Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Jarno Suni

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:
> I made a draft:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final/Draft

Can someone confirm that OnBoard will be in Accessories menu? (I did
not see it in live session.)

--
http://www.iki.fi/8/

Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:37:00 +0300
Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I made a draft:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final/Draft
>
> Can someone confirm that OnBoard will be in Accessories menu? (I did
> not see it in live session.)

Need to add the bugs back in to the notes. Abiword will lose your
document you worked on if you try to access help using F1 or the menu.
All items in the Help menu are capable of this.

Also, a note: If you install using the Desktop CD, and when restarting
get a screenful of "end_request: I/O error, dev <your_cd_drive>,
sector <numbers>", you have hit bug 539027. Please remove your cd and
hit ENTER. Your installation is complete and should be working.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance

Old 04-27-2010, 04:02 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:37:00 +0300
Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:47 AM, Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I made a draft:
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/LucidLynx/Final/Draft
>
> Can someone confirm that OnBoard will be in Accessories menu? (I did
> not see it in live session.)

Good catch! (this is why we need more testers). That is definitely not
in the menu any more.

Let's take it out of the notes. Any thing else missing should be
removed too.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance

Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Jarno Suni

Now it is Thursday. Is there still something wrong with the draft?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:10 PM
Jarno Suni

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now it is Thursday. Is there still something wrong with the draft?

There seemed to be a lot. The final notes seem to be published.

--
http://www.iki.fi/8/

Old 04-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:10:36 +0300
Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jarno Suni <jarno.ilari.suni@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now it is Thursday. Is there still something wrong with the draft?
>
> There seemed to be a lot. The final notes seem to be published.

And a big thank you to you for that! Every bit helps, and drafting
these is a big help.

--
Charlie Kravetz