Old 04-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Default Update to my position in the Xubuntu project

Hello Xubuntu developers,

as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu
Marketing Lead any more. This decision is partly based on the
inconveniences and controversies we've had inside the team lately. The
most important reason is, however, the fact that I want to enjoy what I
do, not only in terms of contributing to open source software, but also
in life generally.

While I take no responsibility for coordinating the marketing or
creating the complete artwork for a release cycle in the future, I will
continue contributing to the Ubuntu project through various functional
teams, such as the Artwork and Website teams. This work will contain
contributions related to Xubuntu, at least in the near future. Moreover,
I will provide all of the relevant material I have for the community, so
anybody can continue working with them.

I've edited the Xubuntu Leaders page accordingly, as well as leaving the
xubuntu-art, xubuntu-team and xubuntu-website Launchpad teams. Xubuntu
Team is now the administrator for the xubuntu-art team. I've also
removed my user account from the Xubuntu website. I will continue
operating in the #xubuntu IRC channel for now.

I've had wonderful moments with the team and I hope we can keep on
having those moments in future as well.

I regret all this had to happen during the LTS cycle.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Ubuntu Member

Old 04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
> Hello Xubuntu developers,
>
> as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu
> Marketing Lead any more. This decision is partly based on the
> inconveniences and controversies we've had inside the team lately. The
> most important reason is, however, the fact that I want to enjoy what I
> do, not only in terms of contributing to open source software, but also
> in life generally.
>
> While I take no responsibility for coordinating the marketing or
> creating the complete artwork for a release cycle in the future, I will
> continue contributing to the Ubuntu project through various functional
> teams, such as the Artwork and Website teams. This work will contain
> contributions related to Xubuntu, at least in the near future. Moreover,
> I will provide all of the relevant material I have for the community, so
> anybody can continue working with them.

The https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu/Artwork/Lucid wikipage contains all
material which I have at least somewhat been preparing for Lucid.

I kindly ask you not to link to my sandbox server (anything on emonk.fi)
any more, unless I tell you it's okay. I will take the Xubuntu stuff
offline in the future, so if you specifically need something, feel free
to (and please do!) download the files while they still are online.
Thanks for your understanding.
> I've edited the Xubuntu Leaders page accordingly, as well as leaving the
> xubuntu-art, xubuntu-team and xubuntu-website Launchpad teams. Xubuntu
> Team is now the administrator for the xubuntu-art team. I've also
> removed my user account from the Xubuntu website. I will continue
> operating in the #xubuntu IRC channel for now.

This is now actually done.
> I've had wonderful moments with the team and I hope we can keep on
> having those moments in future as well.
>
> I regret all this had to happen during the LTS cycle.

--
Pasi Lallinaho
Leader of the Shimmer Project, Ubuntu Member

Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
"Cody A.W. Somerville"

as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu

Marketing Lead any more.
<snip>

I've had wonderful moments with the team and I hope we can keep on

having those moments in future as well.
<snip>

Thanks for your service to the Xubuntu Project. It has been invaluable.

Can you advise on what we're waiting on for the plymouth theme so that I can follow up with it?

Cheers,
--
Cody A.W. Somerville
Release Engineer

Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Phone: +1 781 850 2087
Cell: +1 613 401 5141
Fax: +1 613 687 7368
Email: cody.somerville@canonical.com

Old 04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Pasi Lallinaho

Cody A.W. Somerville wrote:

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM, Pasi
as of this message, I will not be contributing to Xubuntu as the Xubuntu

Marketing Lead any more.

<snip>

I've
had wonderful moments with the team and I hope we can keep on

having those moments in future as well.

<snip>

Thanks for your service to the Xubuntu Project. It has been invaluable.

Thank you for the opportunities. Let me remind you once again, this is
not a complete ending, but a kind of a new start. I definitely hope
Xubuntu does not die, because at the moment it is the superior OS for
most people, including myself.

Can you advise on what we're waiting on for the plymouth theme so that
I can follow up with it?

The latest (and I think the wisest idea right now) would be to check
the color scheme and export only the text part of the font (new
variant, of course). This was pretty much the idea, but I would have
wanted to work on all this with Lionel so we could have handled it all
at the same time.

Cheers,