Old 04-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Jeff

Default Unsexy name for remote file systems

In the Lucid Lynx Beta2 release notes, it states that Remote Filesystems is now going to be called Gigolo. Could developers please rename "Gigolo" to "Remote File Systems" again, because I'm getting sick of open source projects with weird sexual names. We already have an application called "GIMP" so why make it any worse? Surely there is a dev who has English as a first language, who can spot these things!

Evidence of seedyness in the name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_prostitution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deuce_Bigalow:_Male_Gigolo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bondage_suit