Old 04-18-2010, 01:44 AM
Debkanta Chakraborty

Default Urgent help needed : Firefox is not working in Xubuntos

Hi ,
*
I am a user of xubuntos 2.1 . Just today I downloaded VMWARE player 2.0.1 and then installed xubuntos 2.1 in it to use TinyOS , NesC programming . But unfortunately internet specially firefox mozilla is not working in the virtual machine in Xubuntos , even though I have good and fast internet access*in my local machine. If you could kindly tell me about some possible solution , I would be highly obliged .

*
The second help that would be required is what is*the latest xubuntos version that I can use without any problem and what is the compatible vmware player version*for using that .
*
Thanks and regards,
Debkanta

Old 04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Andrew Stormont

I had a similar problem on VMWare Workstation 7.* It was to do with DNS not working.

Try 'ping 8.8.8.8' (Google DNS servers) for example and see what happens.

Andy.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Charlie Kravetz

On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 20:44:15 -0500
Debkanta Chakraborty <debkanta@iastate.edu> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am a user of xubuntos 2.1 . Just today I downloaded VMWARE player 2.0.1
> and then installed xubuntos 2.1 in it to use TinyOS , NesC programming . But
> unfortunately internet specially firefox mozilla is not working in the
> virtual machine in Xubuntos , even though I have good and fast internet
> access in my local machine. If you could kindly tell me about some possible
> solution , I would be highly obliged .
>
> The second help that would be required is what is the latest xubuntos
> version that I can use without any problem and what is the compatible vmware
> player version for using that .
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Debkanta

Well, first, this is the developers mailing list. For user support,
there are forums, irc.freenode.net, and the users mailing list at
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/xubuntu-users .

Second, Is xubuntos really Xubuntu? If it is, please type
lsb_release -a
in a terminal and see what version you have. There was no version 2.1.

--
Charlie Kravetz
Xubuntu Quality Assurance