Fwd: Final Freeze approaching
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Steve Langasek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:08 AM
Subject: Final Freeze approaching
Thanks to all of you for your help in making this past Thursday's beta
release a great success. *10.04 LTS is shaping up to be a great release!
A brief reminder of the timeline for freezes in these crucial last three
*- The Beta freeze is lifted, but FeatureFreeze is still in effect. *Please
* don't forget to file your freeze exception requests if you're looking to
* have non-bugfix changes go in before the final release!
*- The final freeze goes into effect this Thursday, April 15. *After this
* date, all changes to the archive must be manually approved by a member of
* the release team. *Don't expect feature freeze exceptions to be granted
* after this date! *The focus will instead be on fixing critical bugs so
* that we can have a solid 10.04 LTS release.
*- For packages in universe that aren't seeded in any of the Ubuntu flavors,
* this final freeze is nominal; packages must be manually accepted by the
* archive admins, but no additional approval is required. *This means that
* if you *are* trying to get a package in that needs a FeatureFreeze
* exception, it's important that you get release team approval *first*,
* because the archive admins are not expected to check for an exception
* approval before accepting these packages.
*- We do need to have a cutoff for these packages as well, so that they all
* have a chance to build before the archive is closed for release. *The
* hard cutoff for these universe packages will be April 26; you should plan
* to have your changes uploaded before this date, since any last-minute
* rush on the queue risks us rejecting some packages to avoid overloading
* the builders.
And remember that, since this is a long-term supported (LTS) release, there
are ample opportunities for further bugfixes after the final release by way
of the SRU process. *Point releases for Ubuntu and Kubuntu LTS will be
made at roughly six-month intervals, with the first expected in July 2010 to
address any critical issues not identified or fixed in time for the 10.04
Steve Langasek * * * * * * * * * Give me a lever long enough and a Free OS
Debian Developer * * * * * * * * * to set it on, and I can move the world.
Ubuntu Developer * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *http://www.debian.org/
email@example.com * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * firstname.lastname@example.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list
Cody A.W. Somerville
Custom Engineering Solutions Group
Canonical OEM Services
Phone: +1 781 850 2087
Cell: +1 613 401 5141
Fax: +1 613 687 7368
xubuntu-devel mailing list