-   -   lucid-pre, list view: thunar not "working" anymore on the second level? (http://www.linux-archive.org/xubuntu-development/338192-lucid-pre-list-view-thunar-not-working-anymore-second-level.html)

Charlie Kravetz 03-08-2010 07:50 PM

lucid-pre, list view: thunar not "working" anymore on the second level?

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 21:26:09 +0100
"Carlos J. Gil Bellosta " <cgb@datanalytics.com> wrote:

> Same here. Quite odd, isn't it?
>
> 2010/3/8 Kristian Rink <kawazu@zimmer428.net>:
> > Folks;
> >
> > so far experiencing a _rather_ strange thunar behaviour in lucid.
> > Situation: I do have a folder "$HOME/stuff/documentation/". "stuff" also
> > is one of my GTK bookmarks. Here is what happens:
> >
> > (1) By opening a thunar window in $HOME (i.e. using the desktop "Home"
> > shortcut), I can navigate into the "stuff" folder simply (as expected)
> > by double-clicking it. In there, then, however, double-clicking on any
> > file/folder doesn't do anything, anymore. Navigating through entries
> > using up-/down-arrow works, but selecting (in example using "enter")
> > doesn't work either. "Select All" using CTRL-A also doesn't work. Once
> > in this "state", navigating to any of the GTK shortcut folders work, but
> > by then the behaviour is the same in any of them.
> >
> > (2) Using the GTK shortcut "Places" -> "stuff", I can navigate into
> > "documentation" (and any subfolder of "stuff" which wasn't possible
> > earlier), but, then, in there the same behaviour as in (1), only just
> > one folder deeper in the folder tree.
> >
> > This behaviour, however, apparently only does happen while thunar being
> > in "list" view... Having the file manager in icons view does work as
> > expected. Sounds strange, but so far I am not sure how to provide better
> > descriptions... .xsession-errors also doesn't expose any issues. Any way
> > tracking this down? :o
> >
> > TIA and all the best,
> > Kristian
> >
> > --
> > Kristian Rink * http://pictorial.zimmer428.net # kawazu@jabber.org
> > "What was once thought can never be unthought."
> > (Duerrenmatt - 'Die Physiker')
> >
> > --

And, here is the bug report on it:

thunar select ko after use mouse ("detailed view" mode)
https://launchpad.net/bugs/520118

--
Charlie Kravetz

Charlie Kravetz 03-08-2010 08:38 PM

lucid-pre, list view: thunar not "working" anymore on the second level?

On Mon, 08 Mar 2010 21:54:13 +0100
Kristian Rink <kawazu@zimmer428.net> wrote:

> Am 08.03.2010 21:50, schrieb Charlie Kravetz:
> > And, here is the bug report on it:
> >
> > thunar select ko after use mouse ("detailed view" mode)
> > https://launchpad.net/bugs/520118
>
> Obrigado. Sometimes I still feel sort of lost amongst the launchpad.net
> issue trackers. :)
>
> K.

How well I know that feeling.

--